Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-12, 04:12 PM   #1
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Lowrance FF Issue

Hey group

I come to you with an area that I know little about. My Tracker came with a small Lowrance FF at the helm...you know one of those that costs like $100 or less new? Anyhow, I put a nice one at the bow by my trolly motor. I do find the small one useful for telling me depth when I am up on plane, trolling, or in unfamilar territory.

Well I have been having trouble with the little bugger (the cheap one). Whenever I am using it and have it on the "auto adjust" for depth the thing goes crazy...constantly resetting its depth range and not showing anything useful. Now, if I know I will be fishing in <20 foot of water and set it manually for this, it will do just fine (read fish and display correctly). However, this doesn't work whenever I am trolling or etc.

I hope I have explained myself good enough. Maybe someone that knows more than I do would will pick up on my ramblings and be able to help me. I can try to take a video the next time I am out so you can see what it is doing.

Any suggestions.

John

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.