Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 06-03-13, 05:46 PM   #1
Colio13
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Sturcture Scan Trouble

So guys I finally bought a new boat a 2005 Triton tr196 with a 200 opti had my dealer who I bought the boat from put 2 hds 7s on it with structure scan I have used it 10 times now but on the 3rd time using it the structure scan went out it picks up just a little on the bottom when I used it the first time it showed a big screen now its very small not even worth using actually ive checked connections went through setting still can't figure this darn thing out any help would be great.

Thanks Cole
Colio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-13, 05:56 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

my hds7 did same thing bass pro replaced it for free only used it about 10 min when mind went south
Old 06-03-13, 06:29 PM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Take it to the dealer who installed them,he would know and you wont void any warranty.
Ive been thinking about one of those big screen jobs as well,but cant get my cable company to cooperate with a strong wifi.
They are a great tool at idle for locating schools out on the main,but to me limited at speed other than size of screen.
Some one prove me wrong as Ive been dying to get one,but wont so long as it really sees at less than 10mph.
If one will see at 60-70mph side to side of the channel and point out lots of fishy,tell me what brand lol,as I do want one.

Last edited by lilmule; 06-03-13 at 06:35 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 09:18 AM   #4
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colio13 View Post
on the 3rd time using it the structure scan went out it picks up just a little on the bottom when I used it the first time it showed a big screen now its very small not even worth using
Thanks Cole
Cole, I don't understand the exact issue based on your description. Can you post a pic or screenshot of the issue?
Old 06-05-13, 11:20 PM   #5
Colio13
BassFishin.Com Member

sometimes I get no source and some times I get this screen but no bottom at all.
Colio13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.