Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-20-13, 06:56 PM   #1
Earl Marshall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default 2000 Javelin Bass boat problems

I have a 2000 model Javelin bass boat and when I first get to the lake it plains out real good but when I stop to fish for a while and decide to move to another spot it don't want to go on plain fast. I give it full throttle and he acts like it don't want to take gas and all of a sudden it will take the gas. And one more thing when my live well is full of water it don't want to hang curves good. any suggestions.
Earl Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 07:21 PM   #2
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

What's the length of your boat and what HP do you have on it?
Old 05-20-13, 07:29 PM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Slow down trim down for curves,you failed to mention what brand motor hp etc.
But carbon guard and other in gas cleaners generally help,other than that carbs possibly sticking or choke part way.
Just as one pours injector cleaner in their car the outboard needs something as well,just to keep going until that needed carb rebuild comes along.
How long has it been since a tune up,plugs,compression check the works?Water pump replaced when?
On all my older eq every two years it gets a tune up and new water pump,seldom does one have trouble then.
I dont exclude myself but we all want someone in a forum to tell us how to get rid of the problem,if its not easily diagnosed take it to a mechanic.Fire,fuel,mixture thereof sounds simple,but it isnt as all motors are not alike,and parts get worn.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.