Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-07, 07:03 PM   #1
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander
Default Forum Weather Caster

Hey all, good day to ya', but business first; as they say, "Work first(in this case, fishing), then play(in this case, more fishing).

Kevin, this is for you. As most of you know,or should know,(if you're a true fisherman),the Weather Channel has updates of all major cities,Sacramento,Detroit,LA,Denver,Seattle,etc., every hour. After looking for information on other forums(don't worry, I'm not cheating on you here @ Bass Fishin'), I've noticed that most forums, local anyway, have daily weather updates. So, I thought, why not have that here on Bass Fishin'? I know, we're no where near local, mind you, but have large cities like on the WC for just a reign of what is going on in your general area. Take for instance:

Bassfisher02 wants to go bassin' @ 6:35AM on Sunday. Since he lives in Central Florida, he could check Saturday's forcast for say, Tallahassee, and see it was raining there last night. So, after putting two and two together, he finds he might get wet on Sunday. But from Saturday's forecast, rain looks, "diminishing", so all in all, Sunday should be an 8lb day. Perfect...

Got my drift? Just put about 10 or 12 large cities for a general idea of what is going on, or going to for that matter. And, Kevin, if you want to go all out, add a link for Yahoo! Weather for minute-to-minute, local weather updates.

For a small outline of this idea, let's name some cities of interest, if this plan were to happen. I'll go first:

1) Tallahassee - For lizardsrule and Bassfisher02...
2) Charlotte - For Zooker...
3) Chicago - For Pat Krueger Jr. and...Me()...

Keep in mind, all these cities are in the utmost Western of most states, hoping that all storms are traveling in a Western direction, unlike the fires now in California. Keep in prayers those people as well...

-ll
Just my two cents...
Old 10-29-07, 08:05 PM   #2
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
1) Tallahassee - For lizardsrule and Bassfisher02...
ROTFLMAO,

In Florida you go 1 mile, and it can be the difference between sunny, and hurricanes.

Lizards
Old 10-30-07, 04:46 AM   #3
pig n jig

Get yourself a marine radio and listen to the noaa weather alert stations for your area.Its more accurate than any weather report I have heard yet and it will list a recreational report, telling you what the weather will be on the bigger lakes in your area with wind direction and speed and what type of waves to expect, whether, or not small size boats may be advised not to go on certain lakes because of the rough water from a passing storm. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 11:36 AM   #4
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Good call PNJ, do they have a net address?

-ll
Old 11-01-07, 04:22 PM   #5
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

For my weather on my computer, I use WeatherBug. I don't know the website, but I find it's pretty good, and free. It gives you forecasts, radar, severe weather warnings and current weather (wind speed, direction, temp, etc.) acording to your area code. It's not 100% accurate but it will do.
Old 11-02-07, 10:58 PM   #6
ESipes_89
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89

Just PM me a day or 2 before. I'm a storm chaser and have 28 confirmed tornadoes under my belt just in '07. I check the weather regularly and can read computer models.

There are also some great websites such as:

NWS www.weather.gov
WeatherUnderground www.wunderground.com
College of DuPage Next Generation Weather Lab www.weather.cod.edu

If you want to see some of my weather pics go to:

www.myspace.com/e_sipes

If you don't have a myspace account go to www.geocities.com/genet_99 and look under 2007 chase season.

-Eric

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.