Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-04, 12:28 AM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Guide questions.

Well I've been checking around a little for some guide services, many of which are on Lake O, in Florida. Most everyone says shiners for the lunkers, but I personally would prefer to fish with Artificials, but my real problem is this. My brother wants to go with me and my dad, and to be honest he absolutely is a horrible Bass fisherman. All he really wants to do is throw a line with a bobber out and wait for a fish to bite. :P I've taken him out to the coal pit and as I was catching fish all day, he didn't catch one fish. I even quit fishing for a while to put him in all of the spots first, and again he couldn't catch a cold. Now he can watch a bobber very well, but that's about it. So is it possible to be able to do both things with a guide, and are ther many boats that can take 3 guys out at the same time. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but we don't have a lot of big boats in Indiana, and I'm not familiar at all with them, or if most guides use them. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions as to how this might work, and make us all happy, I would appreciate any info you might have.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-04, 12:38 AM   #2
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch
Default Re: Guide questions.

Yes Ive seen guides take three people out. Also live shiners are the go to of go tos down here. My fishin partner hooks up live shiners all the time when Im usin artificial. Actually has helped me out. Fish start bangin shiners all I do is throw a trap out and fish hit it. I know your leaning towards the Big "O" but check out www.stickmarsh.com. Theres guide info there also for a few areas. Ill check with one of my FF buddies when I run into him again at the stick marsh( Hes a guide at O and the everglades). Pretty nice guy and he uses a 22' bay boat. The best place for guides down there from what I heard is out of Roand Martins Fish Camp in Clewiston. Thats where we fish the FF Olympics tourney from. Also check out TopTenLakes.com. Not great but informative on the big lakes down here. Like I said any help I can give you just ask. 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-04, 01:00 AM   #3
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default Re: Guide questions.

a good guide is capt.pete matson from A#1 bass guide service.i have been fishing with him for about 12 years.he has been in bassmaster magazine.and he is a heckuva guy.
if you talk to him ,tell him t-man from jersey says get rid of the triton and get a gambler. ;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.