Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-04, 03:38 PM   #1
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to socalbasser
Default Tackle for Troops

Hey all,

As I was browsing around today I found this site that is currently accepting donations of all kinds of tackle equipment or money to buy tackle to send to the troops over in Iraq. For those of you who read Bassmaster magazine, you may have noticed the article in the Jul or Aug issue.

I've spoken to a man named Billy(I believe that was his name) at "the Worm Shack" in Tuscaloosa AL and asked their permission to post a link to their website here and they were all for it. As a servicemember currently deployed to Iraq, I know how much it will mean to these guys to receive this equipment to use during the little time they get off. Feel free to check it out (or not). The first link takes you to their webpage and the second straight to the tackle for troops webpage. Thanks for your time.

Skeeter

http://www.wormshack.com/

http://www.tacklefortroops.com/
socalbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 04:16 PM   #2
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: Tackle for Troops

Skeeter,

I absolutely support all of you troops over there. My biggest concern is that the stuff doesn't get to the troops, as advertised. Can I send you a care package direct, and let you dish it out? And what exactly would be the best items needed? Rods, reels, line , baits etc..?

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 04:23 PM   #3
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizards,

Unfortunatley, my time here is drawing to a close. With the holidays and the already slow mail travel coming over here, I may never see it either. I'm not actually in a position myself to use it where I'm at. I'm pretty sure this stuff will go on to the Army as their in places that are more accessible to do a little fishing. As much as I'd like to have you do that, it's probably not such a good idea. From what I'v heard the tackle for troops deal is supposed to be a great deal and on the up-n-up. Thanks again

Skeeter
Old 11-30-04, 04:33 PM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Lol, thats great. I passed the wormshack twice yesterday, I'll just stop in next time and donate some stuff I don't use much.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 07:44 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Skeeter, thanks for serving-it is appreciated. Don't know where you are located stateside, but you make it to Texas especially around San Antonio and want to fish let me know-the boat is gassed up, batteries charged and ready to go, and I've got a great lake to fish.

Lizards, from everything I've seen the Tackle for Troops is legit. I think it is a great idea, too!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-04, 05:01 AM   #6
socalbasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Reb,

Thanks for the invite. I'm stationed over in Eastern Washington. If I ever make it down that way I'll let you know. I've heard to many stories about them TX. bass to pass that up. ;D

Skeeter
Old 12-03-04, 05:34 PM   #7
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Anytime, Skeeter-just let me know.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.