Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 11-03-12, 10:46 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Uh oh. Strike King and Pradco have some explaining to do.

It seems likely by this picture that Strike King baits and Bomber baits might be made by the same company. The post where I got this picture was on another site but the poster said that there were several of these baits on the shelf.

Old 11-03-12, 11:03 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You know, I've seen this before as well. I don't recall the baits in question but I've seen baits in the wrong packaging, some that weren't even sold at the store I was at. My guess is, we'd be shocked if we knew how many things were made at the same facilities as other competing brands.
Old 11-03-12, 11:12 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
You know, I've seen this before as well. I don't recall the baits in question but I've seen baits in the wrong packaging, some that weren't even sold at the store I was at. My guess is, we'd be shocked if we knew how many things were made at the same facilities as other competing brands.
I agree. One thing that I learned when we were running the jig company is that there is a ton of stuff like this that goes on, although I never would have guessed Strike King and Pradco being involved with something like this. Did you know that there are only 3 companies that make silicone skirt material, and 90% of the skirt material is made by the same company? I just think of that everytime I hear a company brag about how much better their spinnerbait or buzzbait skirts are than the next guys.

I guess it isn't really a bad thing if indeed Strike King and Bomber are made by the same company. In fact it really doesn't change anything in my mind, I just thought it was an interesting fact (if it does actually turn out to be a fact) and it was brought to light in a very emberassing way haha.
Old 11-03-12, 11:19 PM   #4
Jrob78

I know the time or 2 I've seen something like this, is definitely wasn't 2 major brands like SK and Bomber. I guess it's also possible that these companies don't package their own products and send them out to a central packaging company, (unlikely) or maybe an employee was playing a joke. There just aren't very many ways something like this could happen.

I didn't know that about the jig skirts but it really doesn't surprise me. I know there are only a handful of factories world wide that make rod blanks. They do make stuff to company's exact specifications but multiple brands do come from the same place.
Old 11-03-12, 11:24 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
I know the time or 2 I've seen something like this, is definitely wasn't 2 major brands like SK and Bomber. I guess it's also possible that these companies don't package their own products and send them out to a central packaging company, (unlikely) or maybe an employee was playing a joke. There just aren't very many ways something like this could happen.

I didn't know that about the jig skirts but it really doesn't surprise me. I know there are only a handful of factories world wide that make rod blanks. They do make stuff to company's exact specifications but multiple brands do come from the same place.
I thought about the packaging being done at the same place too. The post where I read about this says that it's also a Strike King paint job. I have looked several places to try to see if it is indeed a Strike King pattern but so far no luck.
Old 11-03-12, 11:33 PM   #6
Jrob78

It looks like a Bomber Square A in baby threadfin shad. I'm having trouble finding a decent picture though.

Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B0_SLBTS.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	8313  

Last edited by Jrob78; 11-03-12 at 11:39 PM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-12, 11:48 PM   #7
Rebbasser

If that is a mistake, BUY IT! It may be worth something some day
Old 11-04-12, 12:12 AM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
It looks like a Bomber Square A in baby threadfin shad. I'm having trouble finding a decent picture though.

Here it is.
I think your right. So I guess that at least leaves the possibility of them being made at seperate facilities and then packaged by the same company..........although doubtful.
Old 11-04-12, 08:38 AM   #9
lilmule

Kind of like everything else in this world,some are made by someone else and their name stuck on it,like a car battery sears die hard is but a different name and number under Gulf ,Sunoco,made same factory Globe Union ,Batavia.Ill.And like others patent has run out so copied made elsewhere.
Nowdays its a year later and a china copy is out,ever wonder why they hold so much usa debt?Their laws differ from ours,yet to their advantage like ours are to our business efforts.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12, 09:43 AM   #10
bassboogieman

If I could only find a REVO in my Pflueger box........................
They're both under the Pure Fishing banner, and made in the same factory so it could happen, just need one of the Korean packagers to not be able to read English and bingo.

On the other hand - is the picture faked? Today, you can't believe everything in a photo. Can't see the bottom of the package. Did the photographer set this up and bring in a fake to take the shot in a tackle store? Anything to get on the internet these days, so while I have some doubt (as always) it is possible. But these things get circulated on the internet and spread quickly. Really, can ya trust a guy with dirty fingernails?
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12, 10:33 AM   #11
keithdog

I'd like to see what Strike Kings or Bombers reaction to the photo would be. If they are made in the same facility, I would expect several to have been mispackaged. Stuff happens. Usually though, the mistake would be found and caught before shipping. However, since this is no doubt an overseas facility, I can easily see a whole batch being shipped out incorrectly packaged. Retailers are going to ship them back usually, but if the folks stocking the shelves in the store don't know a darn thing about the products they are handling, some are going to end up being sold as is.
Old 11-04-12, 03:59 PM   #12
joedog

Default Really, can ya trust a guy with dirty fingernails?

In reality.....can you TRUST a guy with CLEAN FINGERNAILS?
Old 11-04-12, 04:04 PM   #13
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
If I could only find a REVO in my Pflueger box........................
Ugh, why would you want that??
Old 11-04-12, 04:36 PM   #14
bassboogieman

Quote:
Ugh, why would you want that??
I was being facetious - I would much prefer finding a Pflueger in a REVO box, you are probably the ONLY one that would agree with me on that.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 11-04-12 at 04:43 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12, 05:08 PM   #15
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I was being facetious - I would much prefer finding a Pflueger in a REVO box, you are probably the ONLY one that would agree with me on that.
You are probably right about that. I guess that's why they keep putting out new REVO's and not new Pfluegers. It's a shame.
Old 11-07-12, 03:22 PM   #16
3dkicker

"PRADCO Fishing was founded in 1960 as part of Plastics Research and Development Corporation, a custom injection molder. Since that time, PRADCO Fishing has grown to be the world leader in fishing lure manufacturing. Brands include Lindy®, Rebel®, Bomber®, Heddon®, Cotton Cordell®, Arbogast®, Silver Thread®, YUM®, Booyah®, Xcalibur® and many more.".....I guess they forgot to put Strike King on this list??? Or maybe they just make Strike Kings crankbaits.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.