Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-09-07, 11:36 PM   #1
kennybfm
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Spawning/After Spawn

Here in WV when prespawn was in fish were biting like crazy. I went fishing yesterday and seen probably around 15-20 beds no more than 1 ft. away from the bank but no bass at all. I spotted on and he swam from my lure. Any suggestions at all, I tried buzzbait, spinners, plastic crawdads, powerworms. Just about emptied my tacklebox but was getting late and had to work the next morning so I gave up.
kennybfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 01:11 AM   #2
CarolinaBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to CarolinaBassMan Send a message via Yahoo to CarolinaBassMan
Default spawn

hey I've been pulling in some pretty big bass during the spawn season I've Been using either the Zoom Bait( Trickworm/watermelon red) or the Speed Worm Green pumpkin either one of those are good baits. Cant go wrong with Watermelon Red or Green Pumpkin
CarolinaBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 02:29 AM   #3
jwallbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to jwallbassin

white tube.....craws.....lizards
jwallbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 12:36 PM   #4
DadofJolly
BassFishin.Com Member

Try something really big and ugly or something really small and subtle. In my experience some fish are outraged by a big bulky bait in their bed, and others will only hit something finesse. So I usually try the bigger one - a big swim bait, creature bait or jig with a big trailer. I start big because I can use bigger stronger tackle. Then I will go smaller (including tackle / line). Then I will scale down to something very small with lighter flouro. line., like a three inch worm or senko style bait, or a tiny craw (2-3 in); maybe a tiny soft jerkbait - all of these smaller baits rigged on a drop shot rig. But if the bed is visible, the key for me has been to LEAVE IT IN THE BED, even if the fish swims away. They will come back if they are in the "protect the kids" mode. But, get it in the bed and leave it there for a while and see what he does. Also, try fishing some of the empty beds. Sometimes the fish will stay just off the beds in cover and just come out to protect it when something threatens. I have see fish appear out of no where and attack a bait I put in what seemed to be an empty bed. Hope this helps.
God Bless,
Old 05-10-07, 03:40 PM   #5
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The bass has probably already seen ever lure known to man if it's the last bass spawning. Go try to catch some post spawners.

Lizards
Old 05-10-07, 10:18 PM   #6
kennybfm
BassFishin.Com Member

Well I went fishing today. A lot of bass hitting the banks. I only caught one though was using a 3 in. Yum dinger, white/green. But I was fishing a little bit past the beds. But I see you point the beds were empty but the bass were coming back to the beds to hit the bait fish. btw the Largemouth was 2.10 lbs. Sorry didn't get a measurement though.
kennybfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 11:44 PM   #7
CarolinaBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to CarolinaBassMan Send a message via Yahoo to CarolinaBassMan

Today I did really good with the bubble gum trick worm today, I caught several bass ranging from 3 to 7lbs. Also a big 9" worm with the firetail worked good too. I caught all of these bass in a Farm pond. in the lakes they're probably biting different baits.
CarolinaBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.