Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-11, 07:36 PM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default No cell phone means!!!!!

This is a FB conversation between my neice and her 21 yr old daughter.
    • Marisa What happened 2 your phone?

• Brittany: I have no idea!

• Brittany: I think I'm going to go over to zachs cause i need to call amanda and I will call you because other than using other ppls phone I am shut off from the world
JEEZ what is she going to do without a cell phone? I just found this to be funny.
Old 05-13-11, 07:43 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Remember back when there were no cell phones? Or when they first came out they were about the size of a brick? Man how did we ever survive?
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 08:44 PM   #3
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Remember back when there were no cell phones? Or when they first came out they were about the size of a brick? Man how did we ever survive?
Kory when we growing up we didn't have a phone at all till I was about 12 or 13 then it was a party line. ( everybody in the neighborhood had the same phone line just different rings--I think). But we had a phone booth within a mile of our house, I hoarded dimes.

On a side note my in-laws have had the same home phone # for 48 yrs.
Old 05-13-11, 08:51 PM   #4
bamabassman

lol!!!! ron we had the old party line too. 4 houses on 1 line!!! our ring was the 3 rings real quick. hahahaha. sometimes we would pick up on saturdays and listen to the older lady talk to her sister about all the gossip going on. found out a lot of stuff from that old lady, ahhaahahahahahaha.
and i remember when dad got his FIRST CELL PHONE. it was a bag phone, cost about 5 bucks a minute. NO ONE but dad was allowed to use it either, of course it was his business phone. but we thought it was sooo cool. now i feel lost without my cell too. just like a computer, shut off from the world without it.
Old 05-13-11, 09:45 PM   #5
bassinbob

I had a free cell phone to use from the fire company when I was the president and then vice pres. Haven't been an officer for the last 3 years and haven't had a cell since then. Do I miss it? Yes. Can I get along with out it? Yes. So far. Might just get one of those you buy the minutes for. I'll buy it with a gift card and then use the points for cheaper gas. A win/win.
Old 05-13-11, 10:49 PM   #6
1/4 stick

We had the normal private line, but grandma had a party line. I remember setting there listening to her ask Bertha how her kids were, they'd be talking about their kids, all of a sudden grandma would say, "Ohh Myrtle, your son is always drunk." 5 seconds later, she'd say hi to Elizabeth. lmao.. I thought granny was ready for the loony bin untill I told pop and he explained party lines to me.

But yeah there were the box phones when I was a kid, but all we had was the neighbor system. If I was runnin the neighborhood needed to call home, I asked one of the neighbors called, chatted with them, then back to being the perfect angel I was. If I'd been dropped off at the mall or some where, my parents always made sure I had a couple quarters to call. Remember when you could actually find a pay phone and it only cost 25 cent to make a call?
Old 05-13-11, 11:10 PM   #7
Bassboss

I can't relate.. at all! lol I hardly ever use my phone, lol.
Old 05-14-11, 12:36 AM   #8
keithdog

Boy this brings back memories, haha. I can remember having a party line and remember thinking how awsome it was when we got our private line. Now if I go off to work and realize later I left my phone at home it's a near paninc, haha. I can't remember the last time I saw a pay phone.
Old 05-14-11, 12:46 AM   #9
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Boy this brings back memories, haha. I can remember having a party line and remember thinking how awsome it was when we got our private line. Now if I go off to work and realize later I left my phone at home it's a near paninc, haha. I can't remember the last time I saw a pay phone.
They put em right up front in the parking lot at the convinence stores, right beside the highway now so you can't hear. And so the people driving by can laugh at the idiot that don't have a cell phone.
Old 05-14-11, 06:48 AM   #10
walkeraviator

I remember my Dad getting a bag phone back in the day, and I remember Mom getting her NEC cell phone in teh early 90's. I was a late bloomer, I never bought a cell phone til my sophomore year of college in about 2001. Since then I have been lost without it, and now I dont even have a phone in my house. I just have teh cell phone.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 01:48 PM   #11
66KingFisher

I remember our party lines, and then we got a private line....boy was that along time ago. Never had a cell phone, and don't need one now.....Never needed to talk to folks so bad I had to carry a phone around with me....lol But ya'll are right about one thing...Ya can't find a pay phone to save your life...lol
Old 05-15-11, 02:47 PM   #12
rrw4258

I am only 19, but I can say that I could definately live without my phone.... it's main use is for getting a hold of fishing buddies, to go fishing... and for taking pics of fish. That's about it!

Ryan
Old 05-15-11, 05:34 PM   #13
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I remember the party line. There was always someone talking when you wanted to use it. I just got a cell about two years ago.
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.