Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-07, 03:37 PM   #1
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default traitor trade

I am at odds, since I traded away my Castaway Bud Pruitt flipping sticks for 3 7'6" Yamamoto tournament rods.I also got 3 Shimano Calcuttas, was looking to get the 200 series for trout fishing, but also got 2 100 series reels in the deal.The Yamamoto rods are a bit heavier in weight than the Castaways, but the extra weight doesn't bother me,They have a soft rod tip, with alot of backbone to wear the fish down. I got to fish the rods before trading,they seem to be exactly what I was looking for, I am wishing winter was over already. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 09:25 PM   #2
dave
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm kind of surprised you would trade those Pruitt's. I got the impression that you loved those rods.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 03:46 AM   #3
pig n jig

I do this every few years.Try something new, next thing you know I am buying the Pruitt sticks again.The last time it happened, It was 2 weeks later and I had the new Pruitt sticks ordered.These Yamamoto rods really are to my liking as well.I am missing 1 of the actions they sell out of that series, might have to dig up another chunk of change for that one as well.Dave did you see the Castaway closeout sale at the site I posted last time ? P N J

http://www.nbswebstore.com/cgi-bin/w...%20-%20CASTING
Old 12-02-07, 07:44 AM   #4
dave

Yes. I am going to order a HG 40 Heavy Jig and Worm rod this week. I always end up getting rid of 7'6" flipping sticks due to non-use. I have been weighing them both out for about a week now. It's been a tough decision. Still not sure if it is the correct one. I'm hoping I can't go wrong with the Jig and Worm. I have owned the Kistler version in the past. And you can't beat that price.
Old 12-02-07, 08:50 AM   #5
pig n jig

I am thinking along the same line, the HG40 is a nice blank.The thing is I am not sure I can dig up enough money in time to buy one before they're gone. P N J

Last edited by pig n jig; 12-02-07 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-02-07, 10:31 AM   #6
dave

That is part of the difficulty of deciding. Great deal, gone soon. Can't pass it up.
Old 12-02-07, 03:20 PM   #7
pig n jig

Here is the Yamamoto rods I got.You can see why I like them, they're the same build as the Bud pruitt sticks, except they are a non telescopic 1 peice and without the foregrip.I got all of the actions, except for the Heavy fast.I am trying to find a reason to need that one as well.There isn't much info on them, they are labled as 6'6", but they are 7'6" with the handles ? P N J

http://yamamoto.baits.com/cgi-bin/or...?qaE6QBST;;143
Old 12-02-07, 09:06 PM   #8
dave

I go through the tackle changing too. I have 3 Castaways now. I have owned more in the past. There is something about them that I really like. I would like to say that I am done changing. I can't honestly say it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.