Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-07, 08:23 AM   #1
bassbooger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Heaven? Maybe for some!!!

Well, as I said in my previous post. I took the family camping at a new campground this weekend. We got there, got to our spot and you couldn't ask for a better location on the lake. Right next to the water with a couple of big fallen trees leading right out. We get out, look around and there isn't anyplace to put the tent that wasn't on a bunch of rocks. I get back in the vehicle, go up to the check in office and tell them that we want another place on the lake like I had paid for. This place has 2 lakes on it, one just bigger than the other. The lady gets us hooked up with another site on the second lake, we get down there and it looks much better, actual grass and covered with trees to provide shade. I look at the lake and it is a good size, only one problem. It is COVERED in Lilly pads. My first thought was "ALRIGHT, I'm glad I brought the jigs and the Horny Toads." Well, the lake was down about 2 feet, so there was no easy way to get to anyplace that looked really promising for bass. I did however, manage to catch my first bass on a Horny Toad. Everybody went swimming while my boy and I stayed back to get some major dad and son time together on the banks. We walked out on a peninsula that we had leading off of our campsite, I looked over and saw 2 huge bass just sitting there. They looked as if they might have been guarding a bed, but I couldn't see any beds around them. I backed off, went around the bank where I would be casting from the other side and I knew they couldn't see me and started walking that horny toad across the lilly pads. Tenth cast, the toad dropped off the edge of a pad and got smashed. It was just a little one, but it was a catch none the less. I lost the toad on that one, so I decided to try a lizard. Didn't have much luck with the monsters that I saw in the water, but did get a pretty good hit on that lizard, but lost the one that hit it; I set the hook too soon on it. We had a great time though. I didn't get a pic of the bass that I caught because the wife had the camera with her at the swimming pool. I did get some pictures of the lilly pad covered lake. I know some of you are going to say that I could have went out and punched jigs into it, well I didn't have a boat to go out there in, so I was pretty much stuck on the bank and was worried more about letting the kids have fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6100056.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	1695   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6100057.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	1696   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6100058.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	1697  

Last edited by bassbooger; 06-11-07 at 11:08 AM.
bassbooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 10:01 AM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbooger View Post
...the wife had the camerA with her at the swimming pool.
Fixed, no charge, but howzabout pics of the wife at the pool

Glad you had fun. Hope the heat n' skeeters (or the werewolves) weren't a problem. Time with your son makes it all worthwhile.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 10:58 AM   #3
leroy

Send a message via AIM to leroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
Fixed, no charge, but howzabout pics of the wife at the pool
I second this.

leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 12:16 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking

'ere ya go ya horndog rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 06:13 PM   #5
zooker

nah fly rod got this thing for burnetts..

booger
which lakes were these??

zooker
Old 06-11-07, 08:24 PM   #6
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post

booger
which lakes were these??

zooker
Which is it this time, Sasquatch, the cooking sherry or the Sterno(TM)

BRUNETTES!!! Met a great one last night at a pub while on my way home from Reb's house. She's a "senorita", late 20s or early 30s and muy caliente con tetas grande (That's messican for "Humongous funbags". Well, that ain't my fave, but hey...) long dark and shiny hair (on her HEAD, dadgummit!) and green eyes. Can yew believe it? She asked ME for el numero de mi telefono! Holee Cheet! She must be blind too.
She said it was nice to meet a real gentleman, but she'd settle for me in the absence of one.
She actually asked if we could "hang out". Heck, my tongue was already hanging out. Will report.
There is a God.

FR
Born again...again.
Old 06-12-07, 04:57 AM   #7
zooker

green eyed mexican??i think not!!! keep trying fly swatter..

zooker
Old 06-12-07, 06:19 AM   #8
FlyRod

Quote:
green eyed mexican??i think not!!! keep trying fly swatter..

zooker
Ohhhhhhh, Zookummmms...
Yais, there are green-eyed Mexicans, also those whose ocular orbs are blue, violet (ala Elizabeth Taylor) and hazel.
You see, oh furry denizen of the deep swamps, it ain't all Aztec, Maya,Toltec, Olmec, Wotthehec, or other aboriginal types down there (and too damned many up here.)
Hast thou forgotten Ol' Hernan Cortez and his merry band of Conquistadors? Surely you remember him; The guy who told Monty "Python" Zooma "Looky, we just wanna hang out, knock back a few Margaritas, meet some Aztec poon. Y'know, enjoy Spring Break. Oh, and while we're at it, we're gonna rob, pillage, destroy, murder and convert the survivors to Catholicism at swordpoint."
Many Spaniards are fair of skin, non-brown/black of eye, and some even have red or blonde hair and/or freckles. Ergo, it is not all that rare to meet someone from Sur de la Frontera who doesn't match the stereo(or monaural)typical image.
I have a friendly relationship with a young lady who is of 100% Basque descent...Red hair, blue eyes, freckles, nice tatas. I said "friendly", not romantic...dang the luck.

FR
Old 06-12-07, 08:07 AM   #9
bassbooger

Quote:

booger
which lakes were these??

zooker
They are on the campground we stayed at; The Asheville East KOA. There is no poat ramp to be able to launch your own boat, but they do rent Jon Boats there and you can carry your own canoe if you choose. Besides the lakes, the area sortr of sucked. The campsites weren't that great and the employees there were really rude. Here is the link if you want to check it out some time.

http://www.koa.com/where/nc/33116/
Old 06-12-07, 09:29 AM   #10
patchino22

Fly Rod--Now that you are wooing senoritas, does that mean us young whipper snappers will finally get to hear your words of wisdom again? I value your 2 cents.
patchino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-07, 05:10 PM   #11
flfireman

On what ?fishing or wooing of senoritas??? Some secrets are better kept at that.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.