Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-09, 09:48 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default A thank you for a fantastic weekend to mississippiboy and mississippigal

i want to publicly thank daniel and louann for a GREAT weekend. lisa and i had a fantastic time.
we arrived at their house around 5 pm. there was louann waiting for us with open arms. and then daniel came home from work (poor dog,lol). and his parents also came over to join us for dinner.they are the NICEST folks too. daniels mom and louann and lisa went in the kitchen and started cooking the sides on a belly satisfyling meal. we had corn on the cob, smashed taters (louann, i did noticed the sour cream too, it was great, not alot and i loved it darling), corn bread and STEAK! desert was some of lisa's strawberry pis and daniel's mother made one of the BEST peach cobblers i have EVER put in my big ol mouth. i am telling ya'll we have GOT to get them to come to kentucky so she can make some more. daniel was busy on the grill cooking some REAL good MEAT. his dad and i talked while we watched them all cook foaming at the mouth,lol. his dad is a great fella too. really wish they would come gang. VERY GOOD FOLKS. then after we ate and chatted and yes moaned over the fact that we all ate too much,lmao. we all went to bed.
we awoke at 4 am ready to hit Calling Panther lake. packed up tha cajun and headed out. we were the FIRST to launch, barely dawn, quiet and a little fog rising over the water. we rigged up our rods, the ladies were there too. and started flinging.
while we didn't get so much as a nibble. even if lisa said that she SWORE she was getting bites,lmao, we talked, and laughed all day. the sun came out and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. the gals left around noon, and daniel and i fished the rest of the day. throwing just about everything and anything we both had. lost 3 jigs (no kory, not a thunderstruck), and i think a pack of worms,lizards all together, and around 4 crankbaits. although i did find a spinnerbait,lol. we were running low on the troller batteries and the sun was about gone. we headed for the house.
spent of energy, we called good ol pizza hut and pigged out again. decided we would go to BASS PRO SHOPS sunday and hit the hay like a ton of bricks. we were TIRED but happy as pigs in slop i tell ya.
got up sunday morning and together we went to bps. shopped and restocked our losses. said a heartfelt and tearfull goodbye with promises for a return visit THIS year. that lake ain't gonna whup us i can PROMISE you that friends. and with this couple with a newborn on the way...... WE WILL BE BACK! if anyone of you folks are lucky enough to be invited to go and visit, GO. lisa and i talked about the fun we had all the way home.
oh yea... i better mention that there was ONE fish caught. and YES LISA CAUGHT IT. a crappie that weighed 1 pound and 8 ounces, on a big shiner. if i didn't mention this i would never live it down. so again....... the mrs bamabassman won the day for us to not be skunked. congrats to my beautiful bride. and thank you honey,lmao.
so i will close by saying again to daniel and louann, THANK YOU, AND GOD BLESS YOU TWO AND YOUR NEW BABY ON THE WAY. we had a great trip and will look forward to many more in the future.

your "new" aunt and uncle,
john and lisa

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.