Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-11, 04:59 PM   #1
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Revo Premier Spinning 2010

Hey guys, I woke up this morning and was checking out the sales for Gander Mountain when I came upon this http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...1&merchID=4006

not knowing if it was for real or just a mistake, I decided to head over to the local GM and see if they had a 30 series. Turned out they did and they did match the 99.99 price advertised on the web site.

This is a very good spinning reel for 99 dollars, I will bet that this price wont last long.
They also have a 25 dollar ABU rebate when you buy any reel and a rod of at least 79 dollars or more. So I purchased a Vertias rod for the new reel. With savings and rebate you basically get the reel for about 75 dollars.
Old 02-20-11, 05:22 PM   #2
WaffleJaw

Wow! Thats a great deal!!
Old 02-20-11, 05:51 PM   #3
TN_Bassin

If I hadn't already satiated the spinning gear monkey with the Soron, I would be all over that.
Old 02-20-11, 05:52 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Way to go on the great buy man! Let's see some pics of the new combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Bassin View Post
If I hadn't already satiated the spinning gear monkey with the Soron, I would be all over that.
I was thinking almost the exact same thing (replace Soron with Certate) .

BB
Old 02-20-11, 06:07 PM   #5
WatterBoy

Sweet, thanks for the heads up, Tav!

You can also use the code GMTN5 (expires 2/28) at checkout to get $5 off every $50 of stuff you order. Since I was at 99.99, I added a pack of 5" Yamasenkos that were on sale for 5.59. So, I got the pack of senkos for 0.59 since I then got $10 off my order.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 06:12 PM   #6
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Way to go on the great buy man! Let's see some pics of the new combo!
BB
Here are a couple of quick shots, I will try to do a little review once I have a chance to actually fish it on the water.

It balances nice with the Veritas, I did cast it in the yard a few times and it is smooth on both the retrieve and cast. Hard to beat for $99
Old 02-20-11, 06:15 PM   #7
WatterBoy

We are getting pounded with another storm (6 inches of snow so far today and now I hear sleet pelting against the windows and siding), so no casting in the yard for me for awhile.
Old 02-20-11, 07:31 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Very nice combo! Can't wait to hear how you like it. You practically stole that reel too, lol!

That price would have quickly changed my mind a couple weeks ago, although the Premier wasn't one of the top choices on my list of potential reels.

BB
Old 02-20-11, 07:37 PM   #9
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Very nice combo! Can't wait to hear how you like it. You practically stole that reel too, lol!

That price would have quickly changed my mind a couple weeks ago, although the Premier wasn't one of the top choices on my list of potential reels.

BB

I am like you, there are other reels that I prefer over the Premier for spinning, but at the price, it was too good of a deal to pass up.
Old 02-20-11, 07:50 PM   #10
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Why the frick did you not call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Now I have to go down there and see if they have any left.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 08:34 PM   #11
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
Why the frick did you not call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Now I have to go down there and see if they have any left.
Kevin, I was going to buy all that they had, unfortunately they only had 1, and it is the one I got. When I showed the guys at GM, I didn't think they were even going to give that one to me. Don't worry I was gonna hook some people up with a terrific deal if I could have gotten a few more.
Old 02-20-11, 08:36 PM   #12
nofearengineer

Tav...you are evil!!!

Don't worry about whether they're in stock...GM gives free shipping, so go for it. I did.

I used the rationalization that my little brother will need a couple of rods to use in Alabama, so there we go. Perfect!
Old 02-20-11, 08:39 PM   #13
bassinbob

Just ordered one. They are back-ordered. Ordered a KVD silent crank to get over $100. Used the code for the $10 off. Thanks Tav and Waterboy.
That is the one item I allowed myself with my tax rebate this year.
Old 02-20-11, 09:36 PM   #14
pro reel

Yep, I called to see how late they were open and if they had any. They were closing soon but were all out of them. I went ahead and ordered 2 from gander on the backorder. Used the $10 off code also. Thanks. I hope the site is correct that they will be in stock soon.
Old 02-21-11, 05:04 PM   #15
pro reel

well, as of this morning it's listed as sold out and no back orders. It's also back to full price. Lets hope they honor the backorders from yesterday.
Old 02-21-11, 05:52 PM   #16
BigBassin144

That would really suck if they didn't. I really hope you guys get them, I want to try Bryce's down in AL!

BB
Old 02-21-11, 06:08 PM   #17
rrw4258

Those rat bassturds at two of the local Gander's told me when I called that they would not honor the online price of $100... ...

Ryan
Old 02-21-11, 07:14 PM   #18
nofearengineer

Well, I just got a notification that the spool of line I ordered with my two Revos had been shipped....so they're committed now, by my way of thinking.

Disclaimer: I can be pretty creative when it comes to rationalizing good Monkey deals....I just might be full of $hit.
Old 02-21-11, 07:19 PM   #19
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw4258 View Post
Those rat bassturds at two of the local Gander's told me when I called that they would not honor the online price of $100... ...

Ryan
Well, in fairness to GM, it did say "Web Price Only" when it was listed as $99.99 online.
Old 02-21-11, 07:22 PM   #20
rrw4258

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Well, in fairness to GM, it did say "Web Price Only" when it was listed as $99.99 online.
Yeah, I guess that's true. Gander in Toledo has always price matched the online price before, but now it appears to be different. Oh well... maybe next time.

Ryan
Old 02-21-11, 07:22 PM   #21
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Well, I just got a notification that the spool of line I ordered with my two Revos had been shipped....so they're committed now, by my way of thinking.

Disclaimer: I can be pretty creative when it comes to rationalizing good Monkey deals....I just might be full of $hit.
And the senkos I ordered with my reel were shipped this afternoon also, so I'm on board with your way of thinking!
Old 02-21-11, 07:26 PM   #22
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Here are a couple of quick shots, I will try to do a little review once I have a chance to actually fish it on the water.

It balances nice with the Veritas, I did cast it in the yard a few times and it is smooth on both the retrieve and cast. Hard to beat for $99
Hey Tav, just curious, what are the specs for the rod you have it on, and do you have a specific style of fishing in mind for this rod/reel combo?
Old 02-21-11, 08:19 PM   #23
Tavery5

I have it on a Veritas VRS 69-4, 6'9" ML MF. I plan on using it for DS and Shakey Head, not a big spinning reel guy. One thing I will say about the Veritas rods is that you need to check them out in person, they seem to have their own unique way of rating these rods and the listed actions may or may not be what you would think. The combo feels light and balances well, the rod could be a little more sensitive, but I think it is as good as anything else in its class. This setup will see very little time, with my particular fishing preferences. I spooled it with 8lb P-line fluoroclear, I have not put line on the back-up spool, will probably go with a light 832 braid.
Old 02-21-11, 08:42 PM   #24
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I have it on a Veritas VRS 69-4, 6'9" ML MF. I plan on using it for DS and Shakey Head, not a big spinning reel guy. One thing I will say about the Veritas rods is that you need to check them out in person, they seem to have their own unique way of rating these rods and the listed actions may or may not be what you would think. The combo feels light and balances well, the rod could be a little more sensitive, but I think it is as good as anything else in its class. This setup will see very little time, with my particular fishing preferences. I spooled it with 8lb P-line fluoroclear, I have not put line on the back-up spool, will probably go with a light 832 braid.
Thanks for the info. My nephews will be here this weekend, so I know we'll spend a few hours at the local Cabela's on Saturday. And they have Veritas rods in-store, so I can check them over thoroughly and see if they have any that might suit me. I do quite a bit of DS fishing and would like to learn how to fish a Shakey Head this year also, so I'll use this combo a lot.
Old 02-21-11, 09:32 PM   #25
Tavery5

I have three of the Veritas rods now, they are light and have quality guides. Their sensitivity is above average and the build quality varies from rod to rod, so be sure to check them out well. In my opinion it is one of the better rods in the 100 dollar price range. It is a shame they did not use the same blank on the Veritas as they did for the Verdict, or at least offer the Verdict in a standard design. Who knows whats next for ABU, I am guessing rods with micro guides and increased modulus ratings. Good rod for the money. I think it is great that you are spending time with your family on the water!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.