Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-08, 11:42 AM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Being a Pro-Fisherman

Is tuff i have stated that myself. But i am thinking about getting back into tournament thing. Yes i have Kids. Yes i struggled when i did it. But hey i'm struggling right now working 40 hrs a week. I all aready am verly getting by. Why not. I know what i would be happier doing. My Wife wants me to be happy. But she's not ready for me to be a part time husband either. So i'll start doing local & state tournaments first. Where i won't be far from home. Well at least that's a plan. I am now looking for an afordable tournament boat. Heck i'll take being a part time tournament fishing over nothing else at all. I miss it. I want it back
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 01:18 PM   #2
bcklash

Good luck Moose, but most of all enjoy your self.
Old 03-06-08, 02:11 PM   #3
bassnman30

40 hrs a week, man thats going to be tough ref. practice time.
Time in the back of the boat can't be beat. I won the points championship from the back of the boat. (club of appx.17-20 members)
You can learn alot from the guy up front. I just fished while the guy in the front had more things to consider.
Getting your own boat can be great, but as you know club fishing is one thing but open tournament fishing is a different ball game. Granted, if your good enough then go for it.
These days I've got my own boat but thats because I like to go during the week. Granted, I know the lakes that we fish more so tournaments are easier and I know where to go.
I have fished some statewide events but normally I had my butt kicked by some of the local pros.
Old 03-06-08, 02:30 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

Well i agree. But i feel my Exp. & up bringing seperates me from others. I am not just another guy with a boat wanting to make it big. I grew fishing & living in Wisconsin. Like many others. I spent my younger years fishing with people like Harold Ensley, Fish'N Frank Finson. I have had a pro career in the Redman tournament series. I've also been bass fishing for over 30 yrs. I fish every lake & river in this state every year. Can i be beat, YES i can. But because of my background & Knowledge of this state. I feel i am a threat to anybody that fishes against me. I just sold my LUND. I looking just have'nt found the that one boat i like yet. Right now me & Father in law are tooting around in his lowe. So i have use of a boat.
Old 03-06-08, 02:57 PM   #5
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good luck lilmoose. I take it you wont be workin 40 hrs a week while you do this, huh?

You still are probably gonna wanna keep things as cheap as possible. Don't go overboard on the boat or the motor, that gas will hurt a lot...at least thats my opinion. Its better doing something that you love than being a drone 5 days a week, clockin in, clockin out. I'm trying to get into writing myself cause I'm sick of the routine.
Old 03-06-08, 05:29 PM   #6
Lilmoosecountry

Tracker 175 with 25hp for 10 grand looks nice and the most since. It won't win a Drag race but it does comes with a fishfinder & trolling Motor from the factory. I can upgrade later but for now this will get me started. The big ol lund was'nt very practical except on the river
Old 03-06-08, 09:13 PM   #7
bamabassman

go for your dream moose. i'll be rooting for ya. just don't get too caught up in it, ok? your family does come first. i know you will take care of them. and everyone here will be right there for ya. catch em all and hook em hard my friend.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 10:25 AM   #8
Lilmoosecountry

Thanx Bama thanx allot!!!
Old 03-07-08, 12:08 PM   #9
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Not to mention moose, with the 25 hp. you can fish the Jacomo Tournaments. It'll work on Blues Springs but you'll always be fishing used water, almost all the boats in that one have 90's up to 225's. Me and my fishing partner took 2nd in the year end tourney the year before last at Blue Springs. He has a 35 on his little red lund. Overall we didn't do very good and started out the same way last year so we only fished a few times early. We just didn't have it in us to struggle for the better part of the season. I do fairly consistantly catch fish but always only had one skinny fish. Even my 17" fish were right at 2lb.s or less. Those guys at both lakes are darn good anglers though.
Old 03-07-08, 12:25 PM   #10
Lilmoosecountry

Basstech have you heard that Johnny Morris wants the H.P. lifted on Jacomo. I guess that's why i love that lake. Not the Best Fisherie around KCMO. But not worst either. Thank God there are no 225's on that lake. I think it would only hurt the lake even more.
Old 03-07-08, 03:17 PM   #11
basstech

No, I hadn't heard that. I sure hope that doesn't happen. Don't want to have to spend all my free time petitioning against that move. But they already screwed up and started building housing settlements around the whole flemming park area.
Different subject, you ever fish off the north marina dock?
Old 03-07-08, 03:36 PM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Now & then !!! I tend to like saiboat cove allot. By the way when is dam going to get done. Reroute is a pain.
Old 03-07-08, 04:45 PM   #13
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

A job is sometihng you HAVE to do, a CAREER is sometihng you want to do!

Good luck moose.

BB
Old 03-07-08, 04:52 PM   #14
basstech

I have no idea, I always come in on wcr and go to the main entrance. Ussually renting one of the bassboats w/trolling motor during the season or am out with my buddy in his boat.
Old 03-07-08, 09:19 PM   #15
harry sheffield
BassFishin.Com Member

Default good luck

hey moose, if it is your dream then don't let anything stand in your way. one thing the family will support you sounds good to me.
harry sheffield
harry sheffield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 10:22 PM   #16
fishin' fool

If you really really want it go for it!! If you don't at least try it you will regret it. I'm only 22 but plan on doing the tournament scene in the next few years. It has been my goal/dream to fish professionlly since I was 11 or 12 years old. I may not make it as far I want it to go, but if I at least try it I wont have any regrets. Good luck to ya!
fishin' fool is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.