Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-08, 04:36 PM   #1
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Will Spring Never Come???

Hey guys, I don't think spring will ever get here... Thought we were done with the snow, but right now we are under a blizzard warning here in northern ohio. So far we have 17" of snow on the ground and it is still snowing. I can't even get outside to cast because we have drifts that are 3 to 5 feet tall!! With all the ice still on the lakes and reservoirs, we will be having a pretty late spawn this year. I don't think spring will ever come.

Ryan

Old 03-08-08, 04:39 PM   #2
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Although it may not be that bad. I'm still saving for a few things...

-Lunk-
Old 03-08-08, 05:14 PM   #3
brushhog

Just rain here, 24 hours straight but just rain, thank God!
Old 03-08-08, 07:04 PM   #4
fishing man
BassFishin.Com Member

believe me rrw i feel the same way. im goin threw the same storm and im going nuts, shoveld the driveway 5 times now.
fishing man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 11:02 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Next week rrw. Those of us in this area are supposed to see warmer temps starting tuesday. I know your pain though. This winter has been brutal. Last year I was fishing the last week of feb. This year, going into the second week of March, everything is still frozen solid and ice fishing is still in full swing. But then I'm right there with lunker. I have a few things to buy yet.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 12:02 AM   #6
Buckeyefishing
BassFishin.Com Member

rrw4258,
I'm in northeast Ohio and this storm nailed us too. Maybe we should trade our boats in for a dogsled. On second thought it might be tough casting from a dogsled.
Buckeyefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 09:16 AM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

The storm was nmot as bad here. But we still got about 6-8" of snow. The wind kept it off the streets and parts of the driveway, but after the snow stopped, it started blowing it on to the streets. That, the bitter cold wind chill this moring has prompted us not to go ice fishing.

BB
Old 03-09-08, 06:12 PM   #8
ran24
BassFishin.Com Member

I Hate Snow ...... I work for a town in indiana as a water supervisor but its all hands on deck with snow removal. Im so sick of plowing and salting .....cant wait for warmer weather....
ran24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 07:08 PM   #9
3dkicker

Sorry to hear about the snow.....I've got flowers bloomin' in the walk way to the side entrance of my house. I didn't plant them and they've come up through the black "paper" that's supposed to prevent weed growth in the pea gravel.

Fishin' report. Ran down to the lake yesterday , the boat is in the shop getting work done on the trolling motor , and checked out the recent catches. Anna is on fire with 5's, 6's, 7's being caught. One recent tournament weighed a 9+, an 8, and a 7. Tough having an 8 and missing out on big fish .
One of the guys fishing the tournament yesterday caught a 10.3 in practice on Friday. I need to see how he finished and see if he found her again.

Doesn't look like it but here's a couple picks. Took 22 to win, 17.6 and 17.4 for 2nd and 3rd.
Attached Images

Last edited by 3dkicker; 03-10-08 at 12:03 AM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 07:53 PM   #10
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Nice bass for it being this early. Hope you do well when the rig comes out of the shop!

-Lunk-
Old 03-09-08, 08:02 PM   #11
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Nice pics, Smitty. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like ya'll's sow bellies are ready to drop soon! This might be a banner year for "your lake"!

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-08, 08:27 PM   #12
bamabassman

beautiful pics of the bass. i am getting things ready myself. send some more pics if you can. thanks. and sorry bout the snow up there guys. come on down here and thaw out a bit. for real man, i could never live up there. you guys are TOUGH!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.