Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-08, 06:38 PM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Cabala's Spring Sale

BPS is too far away for the spring sale. Cabala's is a lot closer. I've never been to either one. Is it worth going to Cabala's for theirs?
Old 03-06-08, 07:42 PM   #2
Cranebird
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I don't know I've only been to Cabelas out in Minnesota.I am going to go the the Pennylvania store sometime this summer. C-Birds Eye View
Old 03-06-08, 11:16 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have been to both our BPS and Cabelas, and it seemed like BPS had the better selection of reels and rods. Both had an excellent lure selection. Cabelas had more clothing items. I also thought Cabelas had a better line selection than BPS. I guess it kind of depends on what your looking for. They are pretty comperable. Just a few minor differences.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:41 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Honselt,y I like BPs much more than Cabelas. IMO they are much, much more organized, have a better selection and sometimes better prices. Cabela's is more a Hunter's store though. We may be boing up to BPs this weekend for their sale. It a 2 hour drive with little traffic so we only go a few times a year. I can't wait for the one in Toledo to open

Has anybody been to the BPS sale yet... (sorry dumb question ) Anyways, do they have baits, line, terminal tackle, etc on sale as well as advertised thing like rods, reels, and stuff. I know that a lot of the BPS brand lures are on sale, but what about other stuff Liek Rapalas?

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 03-07-08 at 04:48 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 04:43 PM   #5
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Honselt,y I like BPs much more than Cabelas. IMO they are much, much more organized, have a better selection and sometimes better prices. Cabela's is more a Hunter's store though. We may be boing up to BPs this weekend for their sale. It a 2 hour drive with little traffic so we only go a few times a year. I can't wait for the one in Toledo to open

Has anybody been to the BPS sale yet... (sorry dumb question :P) Anyways, do they have baits, line, terminal tackle, etc on sale as well as advertised thing like rods, reels, and stuff. I know that a lot of the BPS brand lures are on sale, but what about other stuff Liek Rapalas?

BB
Totally with you about the Toledo store!

Cablea's is a good store, but as A-Rock stated, they seem to be unorganized with lousy staff. BPS seems to excell in both of these categories.

-Lunk-
Old 03-07-08, 04:48 PM   #6
BigBassin144

LL as you know, the Dundee cabela's is about as organized as... well... I don't even know. It's bad. Half the plastics are over here, half of them over there. some are in the bait shop, the lures aren't organized either. And mos tof people who work there either dodn't know where anytihng is, or can't keep up with them constantly moving stuff. The one good thing I can say is, most of the guys behind the reel counter know what their talking about when it comes to fishing.

BB
Old 03-07-08, 05:05 PM   #7
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Reels are about all I buy there... [Cabelas]. All the rest is Tackle Warehouse. They don't have a store, so rods and reels, lures, line, etc. is not handled as often as a major retailers products are.

-Lunk-
Old 03-07-08, 05:16 PM   #8
3dkicker

BB144 - If you didn't get the flyer from BPS then you need to call and get on the mailing list. Some of the items are for sale at specific stores but I believe you can call and order them and you can get the same prices. You just have to work your way to customer service to get those prices.

Been there, done that, got the migraine to prove it.
Old 03-07-08, 09:30 PM   #9
BigBassin144

3d, we did get the ad, but most of the stuff it showed was more expensive things like rod and reels and such. I'm sure more things than that have to be on sale. I'm hoping I can get better prices oon some new lures and plastics.

BB
Old 03-07-08, 09:52 PM   #10
3dkicker

Berkley Powerbait 25% off
Zoom Plastics 25% off
Paca Craws $2.78 ea.
Bass Magic $6.48 ea.
Yum $1.98 for select items
Norman Cranks $2.98 ea.
Super Spot $1.98 ea.
Bandit Cranks 10% off (not much of a deal)
Gama EWG $1.88 pk
PLine buy 2 get $6 back
Trilene Big Game 1500yds $3.38

Pretty much all of the big boys are on sale in some way or another. Just depends on what you need.
Old 03-09-08, 09:18 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Thanks 3d, now I know we'll be going. Maybe sometime this week or nect weekend though.

BB
Old 03-09-08, 10:13 PM   #12
bassinbob

Well I went to Cabala's today. The wallet is $400 lighter. Got another Revo and other assorted goodies. Found the mushroomhead jigs I was looking for. Grabbed a couple of the River2Sea Bully Wa frogs. They look pretty good. Now all we need is some warm weather.
Old 03-10-08, 07:08 PM   #13
BigBassin144

Yeah, some warm weather would be nice. I'd pay for it to hit 80 tomarrow and melt all the ice.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.