Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-06, 07:43 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the heat is still on here in Texas. There is no rain in sight for us. Here at Lake Fork we have had only a few showers which did nothing to raise the lake level. The water temp has been at 90 has dropped to the mid 80’s. The mornings have been cool with the wind blowing till about noon and then it dies for a while only to pick up in the late afternoon. There has been a little top water action and wacky worm bite very early around grass but it is over very quickly. You need to be on the water at the crack of dark and fish till the sun gets over the tree line. After this the Texas and Carolina rig have been the pattern. Creeks, main lake points, humps, and road beds have been the place to be. Lake Fork Tackle Twitch worms used on the wacky worm and Texas rig have been productive. The Lake Fork Tackle Baby creature and baby ring still be the bait of choice over the humps and roadbeds fished on the Carolina rig. The key for me this week has been to fish the bait slowly. Many fish hit the bait sitting still. I have caught some of the suspended fish on C rigs dropped down to the depth the fish were suspended and hopped the bait up like you were fishing a spoon. I am sure this would have worked with a drop shot but did not try it. Pulling spinner baits up off the bottom only to let them fall back down has been good over deep water. I am still seeing some trolling of big crank baits over deep areas and are catching a few fish. This maybe a good ideal to keep cool when the wind stops blowing. Keeping the boat moving will stir some air. Getting into the water is another good plan and when you get out the wet clothes will cool you down. I am sure the next couple of weeks will take a toll on the lake level with plenty more 100 plus days on the way. The lake is down about 3’10”s.
I have not heard about any crappie reports and have not been myself. Next month should get the crappie moving under the bridges. Usually when the Mc Donald tournament kicks off the crappie will turn on. I have seen the yellow bass AKA Bar Fish stacking up on some humps which is a good sign.
Keep your sun screen handy and a large brim hat and plenty of water when you hit the lake for fishing or riding around.
The Mc Donald tournament is not that for off and if you want to find a few spots to fish give me a call.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.