Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-08-06, 09:23 PM   #1
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Plastics

I just got a new tackel bag, that holds a bunch of the plastic plano boxes. I was thinking about taking and organizing my soft plastics in there and labeling all the boxes for easier access. What are yalls thoughts about taking soft plastics out of the bags they come in. They will still be some what sealed up. Will it effect their smell?
Fishin49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 09:31 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I used to take them out of the bag and put them in planos, some colors will bleed out on you , plus some like culprits have an oil on them that dries up a tad if you take them out....I don't think it will effect yours to much if that is what you want to do..I keep about 150 bags in the top of my tackle box, and try to keep them togther in groups like worms, lizards, tubes etc..but ya end up sifting through them time after time rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 09:32 PM   #3
Rebbasser

I keep mine in the bags and put them in a soft tackle binder, but a lot of guys do just what you are thinking about apparently with no problems. Just make sure not to mix regular worms with the new super plastics like Terminator's cyber flexx or Strike King's 3X baits. If you do you will end up with a gooey mess.

Quote:
I keep about 150 bags in the top of my tackle box, and try to keep them togther in groups like worms, lizards, tubes etc..but ya end up sifting through them time after time
JB, I keep mine separated by type in soft tackle binders and still end up sifting through them every trip. Great, ain't it !
Old 10-08-06, 09:35 PM   #4
JB

reb,
I used to fish tournies with a guy named marcum that had gotten into worm bags sooooo bag, plus going to tackle shows in the winter, by summer he'd lug around a sleeping bag size worm bag and had thousands of culprits and zoom and man worms in them.....of course this was years before they had all the brands now huh
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-06, 09:38 PM   #5
Rebbasser

JB, I bet if we each put all our soft plastics in one bag it would be about that big-I know mine would! I've got several 10 gallon storage boxes full out in the garage! On the plus side I haven't bought many soft plastics lately except to replace those I go through.
Old 10-08-06, 10:37 PM   #6
bassguy2004
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
JB, I keep mine separated by type in soft tackle binders and still end up sifting through them every trip. Great, ain't it !
I've gone one step farther and taken the soft binders and after filling the plastic bag with my fav. worm. I take a can of BANG and let er' rip inside the bag until it coats the worms with one of my favorite scents, so I don't have to add more scent after removing it from the bag.
Old 10-09-06, 07:54 PM   #7
FishinWrestler
BassFishin.Com Member

what ever you do dont take 3X baits out of the pack and mix them with others. Their must be a chemical in them to allow them to stay so durable that melts other plastics that dont have it. IT happened to me i had about half a pack a lizzards and bought some of the some color in the 3X version and it melted the others when i mixed them togather.
FishinWrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-06, 08:14 PM   #8
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin49er View Post
I just got a new tackel bag, that holds a bunch of the plastic plano boxes. I was thinking about taking and organizing my soft plastics in there and labeling all the boxes for easier access. What are yalls thoughts about taking soft plastics out of the bags they come in. They will still be some what sealed up. Will it effect their smell?

i have
one box for 4" finesse worms
1 box for trick worms
1 box for 8" worms
1 box for baby paca craws
1 box for baby bush hogs
1 box for 6" worms
1 box for floating worms
1 box for big worms
1 box for stick worms..
1 box for lizards..

i use plano pro latch boxes
i never mix the worms in fact most are the same colors.. i never had any effect on the smell..

zooker
Old 10-09-06, 10:09 PM   #9
Fishin49er
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for all the advice. I dont have as much tackle as all you guys but I put it all in there and divided it up. Hardbaits(dont have very many right now), Jigs/Trailers, Lizards/Creature Baits, clear water worms, stained water worms, frogs/flukes, and misc.
Fishin49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 10:54 AM   #10
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i have a 4 box plano tackle bag and i have one box for ribbontail worms and lizards and jigs,one box for my moving lures like spinnerbaits and cranks ,one box for stickworms,flukes,and trick worms,and one box for my hooks,sinkers,beads, and some finesse worms are stuffed in there also.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-06, 11:56 PM   #11
Jolly
BassFishin.Com Active Member

We usually know what we are going to be fishing the day before we go so we got a big box from home depot (big plastic 1 level tool box) and put everything that we know we will need in there. A couple cranks, a couple top watters, tubes and other soft plastics, and all our hooks and weights. Then when we are in the boat we don't have to go to the back of the boat off the trollin motor (windy as hell in west texas), don't have to fight the other person in the boat, don't have to "find" what your lookin for because it is all in the same place. Box is small enough to just leave on the front deck all day w/o getting in the way.

We've done it like that expecially in the spawn and it eliminates alot of bottom noise that scares those big lunkers off their beds.

Hope this helps,

Jolly
Old 10-19-06, 06:55 AM   #12
lizardsrule

I would use the plano boxes first for hard baits, and topwaters. After gettting those in there if you want to use them for plastics then fine. I learned awhile ago I prefer them to stay in the original bag now. Keeps the scent longer, and when I'm fishing some plastic all I have to do is keep that plastic out, not the whole box. Make sure you put some tape on them and label them also. They are clear now, but after alot of use, they become scratched up, and not as easy to see through.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.