Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 11-18-06, 03:37 PM   #1
karlduerr
BassFishin.Com Member

Default lake taho(west)florida

taking my 2 boys down to west lake taho,has anybody fished there and could tell spots and or tips they have will be going dec 19 to 27th also would need a map if someone could direct me where to buy a good one.any help is appreciated thanks
karlduerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-06, 07:07 PM   #2
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Check out Bass Pro on Internation Drive!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-06, 10:10 PM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You can find online topo maps (decent ones) from ESPN's fishing hotspots map page. These are really as good as the maps you can buy down in florida cause there isnt all to much topographical variation at those lakes.

I have never fished toho, but I have hit the lakes directly south of it (cypress, hatchina, kissimmee) many, many times over the past 10 years. I would say it would be a good bet that if you can lock through the dam on the south side, try the goal posts (the markers in the mouth of the cypress canal looking out onto lake cypress). This is a well known spot, but there is hyrdrilla on either side, with the canal channel cut through and normally when there is current there will be bass all along there that can be had on spinnerbaits, worms and flukes.

As for generalities, while I have never fished down there in winter (or florida's version of it) I normally do very well targeting isolated clumps of bullrushes with hard sandy bottoms, anywhere from 2-6 feet deep. Also pay attention to areas near the shore with submerged buckbrush, those can hold big bass.

If you need more general info, let me know.
Old 11-25-06, 04:03 PM   #4
karlduerr
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks for info noticed you were from huntsville great town i was down there in redstone arsenal when i was in the army brings back the old days theres some nice waters down there too
karlduerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-06, 05:57 PM   #5
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Most local tackle shops have topo's for Toho. Good luck w/ the kids hope you hang a few nice fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.