Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 05-13-11, 08:02 AM   #101
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
What do they mean by the words STAFF posted on the map next to our cabins?
Not sure.............. but I'm already on a 10 day antibiotic, so I'm not worried. Same deal as at Guntersville State Park, some of the park employees stay on the grounds.

NOTE: the cabin registration office is on the right of HW 101 just beyond the bridge. ONLY those holding cabins in their name will need to check in - if they arrive prior to closing, otherwise cabin keys will be in the drop box across from cabin #7, which is noted on your reservation confirmation.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 05-13-11 at 08:16 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 05:12 PM   #102
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The superintendent of the park or whatever lives in the second to last cabin.
Old 05-13-11, 05:25 PM   #103
bamabassman

YIKES!!! he is right beside lisa and mines cabin!!! guess we are gonna have to be nice and polite huh? lol.

bruce, bryce.....ya'll let us know now how ya'll do before everyone else gets there ok?

lisa and i are in cabin #1. waterfront view.......AWESUM!!! lisa is so glad for this too. she loves to see the water from the cabin.

ok, ok, now for some pointers i got from a fella on WHEELER.
he said to fish the points ACROSS from the lodge with white spiners that have a GOLD and SIVER WILLOW LEAF BLADES. IF THE SHAD ARE CLOSE BY, PUT THE SHAD BETWEEN YOU AND THE BANK AND CAST TOWARDS THE BANK. otherwise, fish the grass like you would guntersville. which is right up my ally.....well....lisa's anyway. lol. i don't care WHO catches fish in my rig as long as we catch FISH.

now daniel has some from wilson. i'll let him tell ya'll that. gotta go gather up the stuff gang.

IT IS ON!!! gonna have to work monday and tuesday, but we'll be there wednesday READY TO GO!!!

check and DOUBLE check everything you are bringing folks. and remember to have some safty gear as well. remember oyur meds if oyu take em. remember your drinks. remember to check your truck, boat tires etc. DRIVE SAFELY! don't want to hear of anyone having an accident on their way ok?

i'll be back on in a bit.
Old 05-13-11, 06:28 PM   #104
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post

ok, ok, now for some pointers i got from a fella on WHEELER.
he said to fish the points ACROSS from the lodge with white spiners that have a GOLD and SIVER WILLOW LEAF BLADES.
Boy do I like the sound of that!!! Spinnerbaits are what I do best.
Old 05-13-11, 07:24 PM   #105
nobass

good they are my weak point maybe i will finally cacth one on a spinner bait
Old 05-13-11, 08:26 PM   #106
bassboogieman

Quote:
lisa and i are in cabin #1. waterfront view.......AWESUM!!! lisa is so glad for this too. she loves to see the water from the cabin.
ONE LAST TIME

The cabin numbers originally given out were #1 thru #5 BECAUSE I reserved 5 cabins.

NO ACTUAL CABIN NUMBERS were assigned until I called and confirmed - WHICH is WHY there was a PROBLEM with the NUMBER of BEDS in the multi-bedroom cabins I ended up with, and the ensuing issue with matchng people to cabins NUMEROUS TIMES. The cabins do not have the same number of beds in similiar class cabins. I was extremely upset with the Park over this.

I thought I wrote the ACTUAL cabin number on the confirmation letters I mailed to each cabin holder.

Once again, so no one gets SHOT breaking in to the WRONG CABIN, this is what I have, and the CABIN NUMBERS that follow are THE ACTUAL CABINS in which you will reside during your stay - not withstanding any swaps arranged by mutual consent.

Anthony has CABIN #2, second cabin on the left after the tennis court.

Next on down the line is 'BAMA in CABIN #6, you're still next to the STAFF CABINS - SO BEHAVE!. And you still have a water view, I'll insure that by placing a tall tumbler of it on the railing of your back porch.

Daniel & Co. have the 2 BR CABIN #8, centrally located

The TACKLE HO' DEPOT is next, we are in CABIN #10

The Dickerson's are in CABIN#12, there is a STAFF CABIN next to them to keep them in line.

The Cabin Rental Office is on the left as you cross the Wheeler Dam (south). Should you arrive in the evening after the office is closed, keys will be in a drop box directly across from Cabin #7.

I KNEW I WENT THROUGH THIS BEFORE. http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=27561

Last edited by bassboogieman; 05-13-11 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-13-11, 08:38 PM   #107
bamabassman

OOOOHHHHH!!!! ok bruce. i looked at it wrong,lol, sorry man. but dangit...still gotta behave. this is gonna be AWESUM man!! we are a little scattered but that's ok too. we'll get the entire cabin group in on our fun. even the staff folks,hahahaha. give some folks some free food and they will do anything for you.

i love the tackle ho' depot name bruce, lmao!

and bruce.......be sure to let us know what oyu and your partner get out there before we all arrive ok? this goes for bryce too.

again bruce, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE AS FAR AS GETTING THESE CABINS FOR US ALL! you have gone above the call of duty pal. i owe you man. got something in mind for you as well for doing this. jsut don't say nuthin and take it. i'll explain when we meet.
Old 05-13-11, 08:56 PM   #108
bassboogieman

Well the whole deal with the PARK was FUBAR, and I'll take some of the heat for that. I told them what I wanted and thought that's what I was getting. Originally I asked for 5 cabins as close together in a gourp as was possible given the different class of cabins I wanted. I thought I got that & I didn't, the park held 5 cabins of the various types requested, not ACTUAL cabins. By the time I finalized our group reservations, specific cabins had been given to other guests, we still had 5 cabins but NO SPECIFIC CABIN, and I don't know what the other cabins are, but looking at the map, I would have liked a group of cabins, like 6 thru 10 consectutively, if they would have matched my cabin requirements as originally stated.

As our cabin is the largest and my cabin mates have no objections, any community activities (like the fish fry Friday) could be held there. I haven't seen the cabins, but I'm guessing ours would have a larger deck and maybe a little more yard space. We'll see once we get there, just throwing that out there.
Old 05-13-11, 10:30 PM   #109
bamabassman

you id jsut fine bruce. no heat whatsoever so oyu deserve or gonna get. we are close enoug together that it ain't gonna matter. as far as where the fish fry is gonna be held, we'll decide that when we are all there pal. trust me on this, things are gonna be jsut fine. we were scattered all over kentucky lake too. and it turned out to be a BLAST. ask bryce, he'll confirm that. like i said, once we start cooking and talking....others from the other cabins will want ot know what is going on and we'll invite them as well. then things will be even better. now go get some rest and be careful on oyur drive. looking forward to meeting oyu face to face.
Old 05-15-11, 08:38 AM   #110
bamabassman

This is it gang!!! Boogieman (bruce) and nofearengineer (bryce) should be on their way, anthony and his dad and lisa and i will be there wednesday eveing. Everone else will be there thrusday evening.

It is time!!!! Fish on!!!!
Old 05-15-11, 09:44 AM   #111
keithdog

I should get there some time wed afternoon. Man I can't wait to get there! By the way John, count me in for breakfast on Sunday morning. I just got to have me some of Lisas famous egg gravey. Not sure how ya make gravey outta eggs, but I'm there!

Last edited by keithdog; 05-15-11 at 11:14 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 10:16 AM   #112
nobass

will be there around noon on wed. keith warm southern weather here right now its 56. high today is suppose to be 59.
Old 05-15-11, 10:29 AM   #113
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
will be there around noon on wed. keith warm southern weather here right now its 56. high today is suppose to be 59.
Sounds good pal. Cold and rainy here.
Old 05-15-11, 10:56 AM   #114
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

See Keith, the southern guys will be all bundles up in 50-60* weather. But for us, that's t-shirt weather!

As we've mentioned before, the forecasts are mixed for the weekend, so bring rain gear. I picked up a pair of rain pants at BPS since I'm not wearing my winter bibs if it's 60-70 degrees!

We'll be leaving here Tuesday, staying at our relatives overnight and making the hour drive up to the cabins at around 11-12. So we'll be there Wednesday afternoon, probably wearing my BF.com shirt!

BB
Old 05-15-11, 12:53 PM   #115
WTL

When you get there, you will see the cabins really arent that far apart. Its like we are living on the same block, just skipping houses.
Old 05-15-11, 02:37 PM   #116
bamabassman

billy is correct. the cabins are really closer than we were at kentucky. lol, just hope we don't run off everybody between us,lol. by the end of the week, it is "supposed" to be warmer than now. so i expect some GREAT weather for us.

i have cleaned the RAJUN CAJUN about as good as it can be without having it restored, so ya'll won't be upset about me coming in with a dirty rig, hahaha. be driving my truck (97 white Z-71) i won't be hard to know either, hahahaha.
Old 05-15-11, 11:19 PM   #117
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
See Keith, the southern guys will be all bundles up in 50-60* weather. But for us, that's t-shirt weather!

BB
HAHAHA You got that right pal. My brother lives in Florida. If it gets below 50 it's time for the parka, haha. And I am planning on wearing my BassFishin.com shirt wed as well.
Old 05-15-11, 11:47 PM   #118
MississippiBoy

I'd wear my BF.com shirt, too, except A: It's too small, and B: my wife washed it with some dark clothes once, so it's kinda pinkish now...
Old 05-16-11, 07:27 AM   #119
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I'd wear my BF.com shirt, too, except A: It's too small, and B: my wife washed it with some dark clothes once, so it's kinda pinkish now...
At least it's not a hoodie!

My first shirt from the G-ville event looks grey it's so dirty. That's why I hate white shirts. Anyways, I've been saving my newer shirt for this event. I've got a handful of fishing related t-shirts (I love those free t-shirts from TW!), so I'll be good for the whole week.

BB
Old 05-16-11, 05:35 PM   #120
bamabassman

don't lie daniel...you watned it pinkish..........to match oyur hoody man, BWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

i will of course be wearing something that EVERYONE knows...........ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.