Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-30-13, 07:02 PM   #26
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
it stared out to be a great trip UNTIL tuesday morning. went to 2nd spot liftied trolling motor and my mount broke. put boat on trailer and drove into livingston to get welded. took wrong turn into a med center dead end. when i drove in and then had to do a turn around i did not see the cutoff 3 foot pipe however as my luck goes i hit it dead center with front bmper will try to post picture or send to kdog to post. so thursady night i get to boat slip (GOOD TIP NEVER TAKE OFF YOUR LIFE JACKET TILL YOU ARE ON DRY GROUND) i trip over bow line and go swimming. (do not think you can use motor or pull yourself on broad not as easy as it sounds even harder a 66). other than that i also broke tip of new 2 cast mojo rod. hell even with all that hell yes i will be there next year good lord willing
side note just got transom mounted ladder wife will no let me go out till mounted and found bumper for 185. shamed my son into putting it on
I got your back. I know this hurt.
Click image for larger version

Name:	dale hollow 2013 086.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	527.4 KB
ID:	8784
Old 05-30-13, 08:05 PM   #27
nobass

thanks ron thats real nice of you
Old 05-30-13, 08:13 PM   #28
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
it stared out to be a great trip UNTIL tuesday morning. went to 2nd spot liftied trolling motor and my mount broke. put boat on trailer and drove into livingston to get welded. took wrong turn into a med center dead end. when i drove in and then had to do a turn around i did not see the cutoff 3 foot pipe however as my luck goes i hit it dead center with front bmper will try to post picture or send to kdog to post. so thursady night i get to boat slip (GOOD TIP NEVER TAKE OFF YOUR LIFE JACKET TILL YOU ARE ON DRY GROUND) i trip over bow line and go swimming. (do not think you can use motor or pull yourself on broad not as easy as it sounds even harder a 66). other than that i also broke tip of new 2 cast mojo rod. hell even with all that hell yes i will be there next year good lord willing
side note just got transom mounted ladder wife will no let me go out till mounted and found bumper for 185. shamed my son into putting it on
It's raining at my house...but it seems to be pouring at yours!

We've all had days like this. Hell sometimes I can't make it out of the DRIVEWAY without tearing something up.
Old 05-30-13, 08:31 PM   #29
bcklash

Quote:
thanks ron thats real nice of you
Don every year it's somebody different with all the problems. At Kentucky Woody had to buy a new trolling motor and he also took a swim with a camera and phone in his pockets. Last year me and Adam dropped the boat in the water and wouldn't start, stator bad. Cost us about $400. Then the TM almost fell off, back to town for a quick fix. I think WTL had motor problems one year. So hopefully bad luck won't happen to any of us again.

It was also nice meeting and talking to you.
Old 05-30-13, 09:53 PM   #30
bassboogieman

This year nothing bad happened to me - that's a first. A dead (18 month old) cranking battery found upon arrival hardly counts, a new battery from the marina and I'm all set. It was a bit of a pain changing it out - the battery compartment seems to shrink and the clearances are tighter once the boat is in the water - but it worked out ok. Donald, on the other hand, had enough problems that he should be problem free for the next 3 years - at least.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-13, 10:08 PM   #31
nobass

I will second that motion
Old 05-30-13, 10:29 PM   #32
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well i hate hearing the bad news, but it seems sorta funny though. sorry don ol buddy. i will make SURE that i wear my ppf for sure, cause i can't swim a lick, hahaha. and as for things going bad on the ol rajun cajun, i HOPE it happened to me this year, broken steering cables, and new impeller and other regular maintenance stuff.

it IS par for the course though ya know, billy had motor problems a the first one, then all that mess at kentucky lake, then last year at dale and now this year at dale. folks...this is TOO real to make up. hahaha.....gotta love it though. maybe we should make a pool board as to WHO it happens to NEXT year? hahaha!!

at leat ol don got his stuff fixed without breaking the bank. and ya'll caught some MIGHTY good fish and had a ball. can't ask for more right?
Old 06-01-13, 07:44 AM   #33
bassboogieman

Quote:
can't ask for more right?
YES, I CAN. I have several friends that didn't make it this year and I would love to see them again. I understand the why, but that won't stop me from asking them to return one of these years... y'know, before the Reaper makes his visit.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 10:20 AM   #34
keithdog

I always have bass boat envy, but over the years, with reading about all the "issues" bass boat owners have with break downs and so forth, sometimes I'm glad I just have a jon boat. haha
Old 06-01-13, 11:49 PM   #35
bamabassman

bruce...NEXT year i am gonna do WHATEVER it takes to BE THERE !!! PROMISE !!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.