Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 04-30-14, 10:42 AM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Two Hogs

Well its finals week at college, so its been crazy. And I've still been creeping around the boards but not posting much.

But I have some good pictures from this past week.

I have recently started buying big swimbaits and made the decision to really put some time into them. So my first full day (and I mean full day) of throwing one was this past Saturday. About 4 hours in a saw a flash as a fish came shooting up and smashed the bait. After a fairly short fight and a nerve wracking net job, I landed the 6 pounder seen below. The net job was nerve wracking because my friend was with me and she has never netted a fish before. I coached her through it (as my heart was pounding) and she did a great job. I was shaking from the excitement of catching my first "big swimbait" fish. Oh, and the bait was a 9 inch MS Slammer. Big bait for these parts.

The next day one of my friends that I fish with a lot tagged along. I threw the big swimbait all day, caught nothing. But about an hour in he hooked into a fish that couldn't have cared less for a few seconds, then the fight was on. A minute later, after stripping a ton of drag (6 lb line), I netted the giant. It was a 6lb Spot. HUGE SPOTTED BASS. 2 lbs 4 oz off the state record.

Now have finals all week, which sucks, but am going back out Friday, in hopes of a monster.

In the next couple weeks I'll put up a "semester review" to tell everyone how I have been for these past few months. Hopefully I'll have a few more pictures for y'all to look at.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-30-14, 05:27 PM   #2
woody

A couple of real good ones!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 05:36 PM   #3
Z-Man
BassFishin.Com Member

Looks like an awesome day out on the water. Just out of curiosity, what rod were you throwing that swimbait on?
Old 04-30-14, 07:30 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Sweet fish and great pics! Good luck with your finals.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 08:56 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Those fish are awesome bud. What a great way to escape the pressures of school. Way to go!
Old 05-01-14, 09:36 AM   #6
aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
Looks like an awesome day out on the water. Just out of curiosity, what rod were you throwing that swimbait on?
I'm throwing it on a 7'11 Veritas. It's a flipping stick but it actually does a pretty good job with the slammer. Or maybe I just don't know what a good swimbait rod feels like. I'll be buying an actual purpose built big swimbait rod soon. The veritas does struggle when I throw the punker (huge walking topwater), or maybe its just me.

Two finals yesterday went pretty well and I have one in an hour, but I need a super low grade on it to get an A. So not too worried.
Old 05-04-14, 08:18 AM   #7
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Those are some giants!
Way to go!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.