Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 02-06-11, 04:28 PM   #26
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

just checking i am still down for the one bedroom cabin
Old 02-27-11, 10:51 AM   #27
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ok, just wanted to give this a little bump. it is getting closer to time gang. everyone got their stuff in order? and if anyone else wants to attend. lets hear from you.
Old 02-27-11, 05:21 PM   #28
bassboogieman

Good bump John, I bought my NON-resident license today guess that makes me totally committed.

Anyone thinking about joining us needs to commit by the end of next month. First week in April the cabin assignements will be finalized. Flexibility still exists in all but mine - the 3 BR - we are set. Those reserving cabins will get their reservation number from me April 1st, you will need to call the Park and get that reservation number transferred over to YOUR name and credit card information to hold that unit. I have ONE individual as of now (Donald aka nobass) that is alone - that will not remain so, as I don't wish to STICK anyone with paying the entire cost of a cabin. Additional attnedees can certainly join in a cabin with Donald, if we have no other individuals planning on staying at the Park, then accomadatons for Don will be made accordingly depending upon the final cabin assignments.
April 1, I will call the Park and give them the person that will be responsible for each reserved cabin - and have them taken out of my name. Those individuals will need to call and confirm those arrangements and provide their payment option information to the Park. I have all the contracts in my possession at this time. They will go to the cabin holder April 1, so you'll have your contract and confirmation information.
Those sharing cabins will need to make payment arrangements with the cabin holder. In the case of the 3 BR unit - that's me. In my case I would prefer cash upon your arrival, most of the guys staying in the BIG UNIT have seen the cost breakdown so they know approximately what they will owe. I'm trusting them all to show up as promised.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-11, 06:20 PM   #29
nofearengineer

Boogie, my younger brother just confirmed last night that he will be coming for 7 days with me. We can either bump someone or he can stay on a cot in my room and we will split the rent up by another share.
Old 02-27-11, 07:39 PM   #30
bassboogieman

EXCELLENT! Not a problem at all, We still have plenty of room. We could move Keith or Bill or both and we'll still have options. Both Keith & Bill are 4 days as is Donald. It will all work out, but we have 4 for the entire week in the Big House - that is really good. Other possible is Keith, Bill and Donald in the 2 BR which has 3 beds and plenty of room then 'Bama and the Dickerson's can have the 1 BR units that they seem to prefer. Still time to work it out. Even with just 4 people in the Big Unit our price won't change but a few dollars, want to accomadate to suit everyone's preferences as best I can. Another person for the full week would really make things more solid.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 02-27-11 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-28-11, 03:59 PM   #31
WTL

Just whereever I need to go to make it work is fine. My father also might come, just waiting on that. Also trying to figure out my outboard situation. Working on it. Do I need to officialize anything? Call the park?
Old 02-28-11, 05:41 PM   #32
bassboogieman

Not at the moment Bill, if your dad's comming that's GREAT, we have room no issues there yet. Just an issue with trying to get guys sharing cabins rather than paying the entire tab themselves. If he comes that makes the 2 BR a good option with one bedroom having two beds - perfect for you and dad, and another, perhaps Donald (nobass) in the other room (it's about the same as the 1 BR cabin just more room. We could keep Keith in the big house. A lot of options to have settled at the end of the month. It's comming together, slowly, but it's comming together.
Old 02-28-11, 07:45 PM   #33
keithdog

I'm willing to stay in whichever cabin works out best for everyone, just let me know what works when the time comes.
Old 02-28-11, 09:36 PM   #34
bassboogieman

I really appreciate everyone's willingness to cooperate, we'll do the best we can to make everyone happy to the fullest extent possible - if that's possible.
Old 02-28-11, 11:17 PM   #35
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
we'll do the best we can to make everyone happy to the fullest extent possible - if that's possible.
Didn't somebody say sumthin about having the Hooters Girls over for the friday night cookout????????
Old 02-28-11, 11:23 PM   #36
bamabassman

ummm keith, lisa ain't gonna be too happy bout the hooters gals. now don't go and get me into anymore trouble ok? lol!
Old 02-28-11, 11:32 PM   #37
bassboogieman

No, I said we'd have NFE dress up in his HOOTER'S uniform. I'm BLIND, I JUST WENT BLIND.......................
Old 02-28-11, 11:33 PM   #38
bamabassman

Bwaaahahahaahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Old 03-13-11, 04:30 PM   #39
bassboogieman

HEADS UP - I just checked on our Guntersville reservations for next weekend and beyond, and the "lodging tax" has increased from 8% that I figured in to all our prices for the cabins to 12% - which I think is excessive, but what are you going to do. So, just so you all know, we may be paying an additional 4% tax to the great state of Alabama.
And as a comparision to what we are paying - the cabins at G'ville State Park are considerably more expensive than Wheeler. Our 2 bed/room cabin is $125 Sun - Thurs and $130 Fri & Sat. with NO weekly rental discounts. Another just on general principles.
Old 03-13-11, 04:35 PM   #40
nofearengineer

Just another rich guy crying about having to pay his fair share.
Old 03-13-11, 07:19 PM   #41
bassboogieman

Quote:
Just another rich guy crying about having to pay his fair share
Uh, not anymore as I am RETIRED, living on a fixed income.
I stuck a knife in the Bait Monkey's neck, I think he is still alive, but injured enough to slow him down a bit at least I hope so.
Old 03-13-11, 10:06 PM   #42
bamabassman

dangit to betsey! our "new" gov'ner is already hiking up the price huh? well ok i guess.

i am so ready for may it is NOT EVEN FUNNY anymore gang. trying to get some old friends of mine to join us. hopefully they will. a couple are my cousins, this way IF they attend.ya'll get to hear MORE jokes aobut me, hahahaha.

ummm boogieman.it ain't nice to stab yer monkey. he comes back ya know.......like freddy kruger. IN YER DREAMS!
Old 03-22-11, 12:40 PM   #43
MississippiBoy

Fishnngolfn's question about this trip reminded me...I am planning on being there on Thursday the 19th till Sunday the 22nd. So that's 3 nights for me. I think BB and his dad are coming a few days earlier than that.
So, BB, I imagine you and your dad will need to have the cabin in your names rather than mine, since you'll be there before I am. Let me know how you want to work it and we'll make it happen.
Old 04-23-11, 08:17 AM   #44
bamabassman

BUMP! BUMP! WHAM!!!!

YEP, THAT WAS A BIG OL BASS BUMPING THIS THREAD!!

IF OYU WANT TO ATTEND, NOW IS THE TIME. ROOMS ARE FULL THOUGH SO YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN SLEEPING ARANGEMENTS.

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME FOLKS. JSUT PLEASE LET US KNOW.

AND IF OYU DO ATTEND, PLEASE READ THE MEAL THREAD AND PITCHIN WHAT OYU THINK WILL BE NEEDED.

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO TELL EVERYONE THAT IS COMING TO BRING A LITTLE EXTRA CASH, NEVER KNOW WHAT KIND OF EMERGENCIES MAY ARISE.

i am also reminding oyu that i am bringing some fishing items for sale. rods,reels mainly that ZOOKER left me. the money is going to his mother who will be there. this is to help out with the bills from the hospital. thanks gang.

Last edited by bamabassman; 04-23-11 at 08:32 AM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 07:03 PM   #45
bamabassman

ok..jst bumping this a bit since i can at athe moment.

YES the event is still on. gonna try to call wheeler and make sure things are ok as soon as i can gang. so plan as if things are still a GO! will post if things take a turn ok?
Old 05-02-11, 01:27 PM   #46
MississippiBoy

We have confirmation from our buddy BamaDinkCatcher that we're good to go. He called the office, they said there's a few trees down (fresh laydowns, I wonder?) and the cabin office is having phone issues, but nothing that will really affect our trip. It's still on, and only a little more than two weeks away...
Old 05-02-11, 05:37 PM   #47
bamabassman

lol, thank oyu muddyssissippiboy.......i think,hehehe.

YES, i called the lodge because i couldn't get throught to the cabin rental office today. everything is fine there. few trees down but otherwise A-OK. so we are stil on tap to gather and have some good ol fishing. now......

we need to make sure we have everything listed and ready to roll. we have 16 days till the official get together. some of us will be there earlier i now, but you know what i mean folks. so start packing up your stuff and hit every site you can think of so as to find out what we need bait wise ok? my resources are currently busy with the clean up efforts in their local areas. i too am busy with some at work. i am trying to find out as much as i can.

and if there is ANYBODY that thinks they cam attend, PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP!! got a call form an ol friend who attended the FIRST event and he is gonna try to come. this guys is crazy,lol. he is the one who built our new hose, chris youngblood. bob smith brought him. he is also gonna try to get ol bob to come with him. hope so, bob knows how to fish folks. he can put us on the fish if we have some trouble.

so...........let's get a list of what we are bringing ok?
Old 05-02-11, 06:40 PM   #48
WTL

I need to ask, what is the boat situation looking like? I dont think I should bother with the spook, I have tried and tried but there is just too much to be done to that motor and too little hope of it working out without leaving me stranded. I do have the kayak, so I am really a semi-boater who can hit any area within 2 miles of a ramp/access point, but I would like a couple days to try around sevenmile island on pickwick or across wilson lake from the main ramp...
Old 05-02-11, 07:08 PM   #49
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Billy, this is the boating situation as far as I know:

Daniel's boat - Daniel, my dad, and me.

John's boat - John, Lisa, and Zook's family

Bruce's boat - Bruce and friend

Bryce's boat - Bryce and brother

I don't know about Keith or Donald. And I'm sure there will be some switching around over different days, as Daniel won't be there the first day we are, and I want to fish with Bryce one day, or at least part of a day. And I'm sure other's want to get a chance to fish with other people as well.

BB
Old 05-02-11, 07:21 PM   #50
nofearengineer

You're sure to get at least half a day in the 'Lanche if you want, Billy. I'm sure my brother can spend the time geeking out on his laptop or something.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.