Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 01-29-11, 09:59 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default It was in the mid 70's again today sooooo.

We put the boat in the lake to just wash the dust off the bottom, and while we were there we sneaked in a little fishing....lol. Unfortunately, neither of us got a bite all afternoon, but that didn't matter....It was just real nice to be on the water and out of the house.....Being tee shirt weather certainly didn't hurt....lol. Water temps ranged from 41° on the shady side of the lake to 45° on the sunny side.....I know some of ya'll are looking at a sheet of white where your lakes used to be, so I thought I'd remind ya whats under all that white stuff...

Thank ya Lord, for another beautiful day on the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-29-11-January-fishin.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	6193  
Old 01-29-11, 10:30 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Glad you at least got out for a while. I really considered getting my boat out for a while but it's been so long since the weather was nice enough for us to get out and do anything as a family so today was spent doing family day type stuff lol. To top it off tomorrow we are going to the circus............yeehaw!
Old 01-29-11, 10:47 PM   #3
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Glad you at least got out for a while. I really considered getting my boat out for a while but it's been so long since the weather was nice enough for us to get out and do anything as a family so today was spent doing family day type stuff lol. To top it off tomorrow we are going to the circus............yeehaw!
With a redhead, a youngun and a puppy, I would think you'd have a circus at home. I know I did.
Old 01-29-11, 11:20 PM   #4
cassidyta

Sounds like a blast. Glad you made it out
Old 01-30-11, 12:33 AM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
With a redhead, a youngun and a puppy, I would think you'd have a circus at home. I know I did.
Well I am down to just a youngin and Britney now, Spro had to go. It killed Britney and I to get rid of her but Lake just wasn't having it. She was awesome with him and she was easily one of the smartest dogs I have ever had too which made it even harder. Everytime she moved Lake just freaked out lol. The HR lady at my work took her and she has an awesome home where she is pampered and has tons of room to run and ponds to swim in. I get pictures of her weekly so I can keep up with her. We will give Lake a little while and we will try again.
Old 01-30-11, 01:27 AM   #6
keithdog

Looking at your beautiful pic and reading your post, then looking ooutside at all the frozen white tundra. Yeah, I think I hate you now 66. hahahaha
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 01:47 AM   #7
bamabassman

so gald you got out there michael. man......lisa said tome as we were leaving to o to my parents house the we could have gone fishing, yeah.........i gave her the "look". lol. it was an awesum day today. but here it was too windy really.
Old 01-30-11, 03:17 PM   #8
66KingFisher

Yeah, it was a real purdy day....Got a bit windy at times but we were just drift fishin anyways so no biggy. The water was as green as I could remember seeing it....had less then 3ft of clarity, but really green in color.....Suppose an algae bloom of some sort, but I wouldn't expect that in the cold water temps....I dunno.

No wildlife stirrin around that we could see....except for the small flock of buzzards that kept circling overhead....which was kinda weird.....All I could think about was the scene from the Ice Age movie where all the vultures are singing "Food, glorious food".....LOL.
Old 01-30-11, 07:19 PM   #9
lilmule

Its about that time of year when buzzards mate,so circling is in order,nothing odd about it.
That old saying theres someone for everyone also pertains to turkey vultures as their numbers arnt dwindling.
Its always good to have another day,even better when spent fishing.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 07:22 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Yeah, it was a real purdy day....Got a bit windy at times but we were just drift fishin anyways so no biggy. The water was as green as I could remember seeing it....had less then 3ft of clarity, but really green in color.....Suppose an algae bloom of some sort, but I wouldn't expect that in the cold water temps....I dunno.

No wildlife stirrin around that we could see....except for the small flock of buzzards that kept circling overhead....which was kinda weird.....All I could think about was the scene from the Ice Age movie where all the vultures are singing "Food, glorious food".....LOL.
When I see buzzards circling overhead when I am fishing I usually chalk it up to my fishing stinking lol.
Old 01-30-11, 08:44 PM   #11
CMorg

Thats a real nice picture. Here their calling for up to an inch of ice the next few days. Lord I hope we dont get that...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.