Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 04-12-11, 05:31 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Exclamation wheeler/wilson get together meal outlook

ok, said i would make a thread about what all we are interested in eating at the get together. so here it is.

i really don't want to break tradition and would like for us to have the fish fry on saturday night. the last night. is this cool with everyone? then sunday morning, lisa is going to have biscuits and egg-gravy for those who want it before they pack up to go home.

that leaves thrusday and friday night.

now i was thinking that IF ya'll would like, we could eat at the lodge friday night. give oyur thoughts on that please

i say thursday night is "on your own" i think. maybe someone wants to frie up a grill for some hotdogs or somthing.

so here is oyur chance to cst your vote ont his and let's see what happens. cool?

i have 1 trukey fryer for the fish. 1 4 foot folding table. and may be able to come up with another table of sorts. i'll get with lisa and see waht else we have as far as cooking stuff.

everyone put down waht they CAN and WILL be able to bring. time is coming quickly now. bryce is heading for a meltdown,HAHAHA (kidding buddy), and we need ot get our ducks lined up NOW. so throw in oyur stuff and let's get this PARTIEEE STARTED!!
Old 04-12-11, 06:06 PM   #2
nofearengineer

I will make some killer broccoli/cauliflower salad if you guys would give it a shot. No, I'm not joking. It's actually good. Just let me know.
Old 04-12-11, 06:23 PM   #3
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I think we should keep it simple. Basically, everybody is on their own for every night except Friday and Saturday, if we follow Mr. Bama's suggestion about dinner in the lodge and the fish fry on those nights. If anybody wants crawfish like we'd talked about before, we can grab a few pounds to go along with the fish, hushpuppies, french fries, and broccoli/cauliflower salad on Saturday.
I don't see any outdoor charcoal grills in the cabin pictures or mentioned on their website, so if anybody wants to grill, you have to supply everything for that yourself. Bring a roll of paper towels, some paper plates, plastic tableware, cups, stuff like that. If we all bring a little bit, nobody will be stuck having to get all of it.
Old 04-12-11, 06:42 PM   #4
keithdog

That all sounds good to me John. I'll try to bring a banquest table, a cooler, plates, glasses, napkins and utensles. Also a cooler. Not sure about what food to bring yet. I'm planning on bringing sandwich food for lunch and stuff. But for friday night, I'll have to let you know. Transporting it from here and "keeping" it untill friday night is the thing. How about if I bring cans of the Bushes Grillin baked beans and some rolls? Maybe some soda as well. Does the park allow beer?
Old 04-12-11, 07:05 PM   #5
bamabassman

yes keith, oyu can bring beer,lol. it IS alabama ya know, hahaha. we'll get all the plates and so forth here as well. jsut need everyone that is attending to chime in on what they can bring. THIS IS GONNA BE AWESUM!!

bryce....ok, bring the trees pal. when i can get lisa to see who CAN bring what, then SHE WILL LAY OUT THE FINAL DEAL. yes i will be writing it down here.

banking on bigbassin144 to bring some shut-up dawg mix. and he will assist in the cooking i know, he is really good at it. trust me guys.

for saturday night the menu will be, bryce's salad, FISH (gotta catch em ourselves ore we all starve,lol), mudpuppies (southern for crawdads), home made french fries, baked beans (with my bbq sauce if ya'll want), shut-up dawgs (hush puppies for you guys that don't understand southern, hehehe) and HOMEMADE ICE CREAM (vanilla,strawberry and nanner(?), somebody will have to bring the strawberries and nanners). sound good? what else ya'll want?

i didn't see the grills either daniel, but i am sure they got them (will call to make sure). so IF ya'll wanna grill, like daniel said....bring EVERYTHING to do it. this is for thursday night.

friday night is the lodge resteraunt night. i doubt if they serve alchol, but will call and see.

oh yeah.......SOMEBODY BRING A VIDEO CAMERA PLEASE. WE'LL GET SOMEBODY TO EDIT IT, HAHAHAHA. cuz i am sure there will be some things not suitable for the site.
Old 04-12-11, 07:08 PM   #6
bamabassman

so far we have 15 people attending as i read it, so we will start there and see how many are coming JUST FOR SAUTRDAY NIGHT. this will help us on how much food we will need to bring fro the fish fry.

JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING............CORN ON THE COB.
Old 04-12-11, 07:14 PM   #7
keithdog

So you bringing the baked beans John or should I bring some? Should I also bring plates,glasses and stuff or do you have all that too? Don't want you to be responsible for too much buddy.
Old 04-12-11, 07:16 PM   #8
keithdog

Also, do they sell bags of ice at the lodge? Or don't they have ice that far down south?
Old 04-12-11, 07:29 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Transporting it from here and "keeping" it untill friday night is the thing. How about if I bring cans of the Bushes Grillin baked beans and some rolls?
Keith, our cabins have refrigerators. I think if you pack what you need in a cooler, it will make the trip okay.

By the way, I hate that you can't make it for a whole week. You could have just driven to my house in E'ville, and hitched the rest of the way with me.

On second thought, if you insist on those grillin' beans, maybe the ride back would be no fun LOL.

Last edited by nofearengineer; 04-12-11 at 11:23 PM.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 09:19 PM   #10
bamabassman

ok, keith you bering the beans. make sure oyu got enough for at least 20 people or so. ok? we'll let someone else bring the paper plates keith, this way someone is bringing something adn no one is NOT bringing something ok?

lisa and i will bring the taters for fries, i think 20 pounds will be enough.

who is in for the corn on the cob?

who wants to bring the paper plates?

napkins?

utinsils?

gas-x? pepto? tums? HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 04-12-11, 10:10 PM   #11
bassboogieman

I ALWAYS have Pepto, Tums, Rolaids, Tagament, AND IMMODIUM in my bag.

I'm certain there is a market within reasonalbe driving distance if we need anything. I won't be bringing any "perishable" goods with me, it's too long of a drive. But I can hit the local market if there is something you need John - I can check for corn later in the week if we find a grocery store.

Friday having dinner at the Lodge is perfect and Saturday fish fry (crappie?) after our "tourny" is cool too. What we do for meals the other days will depend upon what the cabin mates want to do.

Keith, call one of us Monday or Tuesday. We can let you know ALL the details. How big the fridge/freezer is, girlls, etc. I'm hoping the freezer is big enough for 3 - 4 bags of ice, so we have can have it on hand.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-12-11 at 10:22 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 10:17 PM   #12
nobass

but me down for plates napkins and palastic fork knives and spoons . fri and sat sound good think rest of meals should be plan as you go.
Old 04-12-11, 10:47 PM   #13
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

Keith, call one of us Monday or Tuesday. We can let you know ALL the details. How big the fridge/freezer is, girlls, etc. I'm hoping the freezer is big enough for 3 - 4 bags of ice, so we have can have it on hand.
Ok, I will for sure, and also to get a fishin report!!! LOL
Old 04-12-11, 10:49 PM   #14
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Keith, our cabins have refrigerators. I think if you pack what you need in a cooler, it will make the trip okay.

By the way, I hate that you can't make it for a while week. You could have just driven to my house in E'ville, and hitched the rest of the way with me.

On second thought, if you insist on those grillin' beans, maybe the ride back would be no fun LOL.
That would have been a great idea. I'll have to come down your way some day so we can spend a couple days on the water. Dinner will be on me.
Old 04-13-11, 07:46 AM   #15
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I think since most, if not all, of us will be there thursday, unlike some of the other events, we should have something planned. I was thinking we could move Friday's dinner up to Thursday and do the crawfish boil on Friday instead of with the fish fry. That way, we could do it right, with red skins, maybe some corn, etc. Of course, we'd need more craws this way, and something for those who don't want to suck guts out of crayfish!

We'll be bringing the "shut up dog" mix like at KY Lake. And if we need it, we can bring a propane fish fryer. We can also bring a bag of redskins for the crawfish boil if we decide to split it up. Also, anybody know where we're getting the crawfish?

BB
Old 04-13-11, 11:10 AM   #16
WTL

The gas stations sorta double as markets around 101. You can get a sausage biscuit, ice, pizza, or various other necessities for the type of people hanging around the river all within a couple mile drive of the cabins. Going to the lodge from the cabins is a longer drive.

I hate to bring this up again, because for some reason John is adamant about it being tradition, but the saturday night buffet at the lodge was pretty damn good and all you can eat and all that stuff. I just don't see how fish fry tradition is harmed if we have the group fish fry friday night instead of saturday so we can get some crab legs on saturday.... I'm trying to maximize my food intake here, just a suggestion...

BTW, I just put my name on cabin #10, 3br. I kinda thought that I had a 2 br, it makes no difference to me, but the lady on the phone and I thought that it was the cabin that yall we leaving me since it was the last one that hadn't had a name put on it.

Last edited by WTL; 04-13-11 at 11:20 AM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 11:36 AM   #17
MississippiBoy

On the other thread, it was listed as;

"Cabin #5 (2 BR) 5/19 to 5/21 (3 nights) - Billy WTL (3 people)"

Don't know where the mix-up is.
Old 04-13-11, 12:23 PM   #18
bassboogieman

I'll call the park, the 3 BR is mine. Billy you are in the 2 BR and it should make a difference as it's a more expensive cabin. My name WAS on ALL the cabins originally, so there should have been NO cabins without a name on it. That is precisely the reason I sent out the confirmation letters, so the cabin holder would change the name on the specific cabin confirmation, and I thought this would be easy................
Old 04-13-11, 01:21 PM   #19
WTL

I asked her if there was a 2br brick cabin but she didn't see it.
Old 04-13-11, 02:50 PM   #20
bassboogieman

Billy - you are set in 2 BR cabin reservation N7230 (cabin #8) I had her transfer you information to this cabin.
Refer to the new Wheeler Posting Guys - "Alabama we have a problem regarding Wheeler"

Last edited by bassboogieman; 04-13-11 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-13-11, 03:42 PM   #21
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I'm trying to maximize my food intake here
Spoken like a true college man.

Or me.
Old 04-13-11, 03:59 PM   #22
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
I'm trying to maximize my food intake here
Spoken like a true college man.

Or me.
I'm all for more food too!

BB
Old 04-13-11, 05:41 PM   #23
bamabassman

ok billy...if EVERYONE is in agreement, then we can move the fish fry and "mudbug" boil to firday night. the food is good at the lodge, i just thought that saturday night being the las tnight and all.......but FOR REAL, IT IS FINE BY US.

i forget about oyu young guys needing so much carbs in oyur diet, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

really now, friday night is fine. i just hope they let us back in the lodge after we get trhough with them lol

and don't owrry about ice keith, like billy said, DOWN here, we got ice boxes all over,lol.

now nobass is bringing the things we need to eat off of. who wants to bring the condiments? catsup, mustard, mayo, and such?

i figure if everyone brings something, then it ain't hard on no certain person.

and remember, MRS DICKERSON is bring 2 HUGE COFFEE POTS AND COFFEE. so no need for anyone to bring that. ok?

as we get closer i will post who is bringing what. then we can see what else we will need. i don't think there will be anything else really except bring oyur own chairs, maybe someone else has a folding table?

OH......a little fire wood will be needed. not much. jsut enough for 2 fires, lasting about 4 hrs each. daybrak will be aorund 5 am. dark will be around 8 pm. and we gotta sleep so we can get up before the fish do,lol. sneek up on em ya know. hahahaha.

Last edited by bamabassman; 04-13-11 at 05:48 PM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 06:35 PM   #24
keithdog

I have a folding banquet table I'm planning to bring with me John. We need plenty of table room for all the food, haha.
Old 04-14-11, 11:14 AM   #25
WTL

Awesome. I think it will be the same crew of people at the lodge buffet as there would have been at the fish fry, so we will all be there and get to have the same discussions it being the last night. I expect the food to be pretty good, and a lot of it, at least thats how it was way back when I used to get the buffet there. It has been a while, but we are just switchin days, nothing more. Plus, this way we might get to eat leftovers saturday from the fish fry instead of throwing excess food out and driving.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.