Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-01-13, 11:03 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thumbs up Yo-Zuri Hybrid's good stuff!

I've always been a fan of P-line CXX, and still like it allot, but I got a spool for Yo-Zuri Hybrid this season and am LOVING it! I initially had Sufix Fluorocarbon on my reel to start the season, but it got low so I respooled with the Hybrid.

To me this line is much more subtle than CXX and Sufix FC, and more sensitive than both! Abrasion resistance is above that of Sufix FC, and on par with CXX.

I may have found a new line of choice! This IS a copolymer of fluorocarbon, so it does sink for the record.

Just thought I'd share my findings: This is some excellent line and I recommend picking some up if you're looking to try something new, you just might be impressed!
Old 06-01-13, 11:11 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It's a good line and super strong. I just didn't like the bad memory. It was also before I started using KVD L&L. Hopefully you wont have the same problems I did.
Old 06-02-13, 08:36 AM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've been using it on my bait casters for several years, I like it above any other line I've tired. The Ultra Soft doesn't have as bad a "memory" issue as the regular Hybrid (and is pretty good on spinning gear) but as Joe said, line conditioner helps as it does with other types of lines. It's "super stong" because YoZuri rates their line based on (mono) line diameter not the actual breaking strength, that will give you problems if you are looking for IGFA records .
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 06:07 PM   #4
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I must have got a bad spool because I hated the stuff. It was really thick and the memory was right on par with Vicious Fluoro (came off the spool like a slinky). I'm sure it's strong and abrasion resistant but it wasn't on my reel long enough for me to find out. I've really been impressed with PLine's new C21. 4.99 for a 300yd spool and it's super strong and abrasion resistant without the crazy memory you usually get with the first two traits in a cheap line. It is a bit stretchy but I mainly use it for moving baits so it isn't a problem.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-13, 01:01 PM   #5
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
I must have got a bad spool because I hated the stuff. It was really thick and the memory was right on par with Vicious Fluoro (came off the spool like a slinky). I'm sure it's strong and abrasion resistant but it wasn't on my reel long enough for me to find out. I've really been impressed with PLine's new C21. 4.99 for a 300yd spool and it's super strong and abrasion resistant without the crazy memory you usually get with the first two traits in a cheap line. It is a bit stretchy but I mainly use it for moving baits so it isn't a problem.
Right there with you. I have actually become a big fan of the C21 as well. I tried the Yo Zuri Hybrid a couple times...didn't like it at all.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 04:47 PM   #6
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I third the C21 and the other Plines. I love the fluoroclear but I bought some many spools of sufix siege and Trilene XL when they went on sale I feel bad buying another spool of PLine fluoroclear. But I think I'm going to have to. It's just a good limp but strong line.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 06:20 PM   #7
keithdog

PLine Flouroclear line man here through and through. I've never had any issues with Flouroclear to complain about. It's served me well. Not knocking Yo-Zuri lines. I've never tried them. Maybe next year I'll get a spool and try it. I've got all this years line already.
Old 06-17-13, 08:32 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've got to agree with Joe, bluebasser, and Cam. I tried a spool of the Ultra Soft that had about the worst memory I've experienced (except maybe the old free spools of Trilene from NAFC ) However, I thought the line was severely lacking in sensitivity.

In its defense, it is a strong line that's extremely abrasion resistant.

I haven't used many copoly lines, but was impressed with the strength of CXX. I'm still not a big copoly person; I'd much rather fish a good FC. (Speaking of, Sunline's Super FC (blue box) continues to surprise me).

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.