Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-26-13, 10:27 PM   #26
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ok, here is a question about the Nujig.If it is so good about not getting hung up on snags, how good is it when you want to sink that hook into a bass?
Old 03-26-13, 10:41 PM   #27
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Ok, here is a question about the Nujig.If it is so good about not getting hung up on snags, how good is it when you want to sink that hook into a bass?
Keith, that is the beauty of the physics behind this jigs head design. You can go to youtube and see a lot of videos where the physics are explained by people who are much better at explaining such things that I am. But I will just point out that there are planing surfaces on the bottom of the jighead that will actually make the jig rotate to its upright position regardless of how the jig is facing in the mouth of the fish. This means that almost every fish will be hooked in the roof of the mouth. On a lot of jigs the weedguards need to be trimmed so that they don't get in the way of the hook on a hookset. But with the Nujig, the weedguards actually keep pressure on the fish after the hook penetrates the mouth and basically pins the jig in the mouth of the fish so it can't throw the jig.
Old 03-26-13, 10:51 PM   #28
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Keith I stuck many many fish with the 3/8 "Alpha" jig dude sent me last year when we were discussing them. I ordered some 1/4's a few months back as soon as they were available and they are fantastic. Like Kory said I don't recall hooking a fish anywhere except the top half. I'm hoping Nujig or a clone will soon make them in a 1/8 finesse version. Get you some.

Question. Is the the Don Iovino Nujig listed in TW the same as Bo's Nutech Nujig????? confused

Last edited by kennethdaysale; 03-26-13 at 11:11 PM.
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 11:24 PM   #29
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Keith I stuck many many fish with the 3/8 "Alpha" jig dude sent me last year when we were discussing them. I ordered some 1/4's a few months back as soon as they were available and they are fantastic. Like Kory said I don't recall hooking a fish anywhere except the top half. I'm hoping Nujig or a clone will soon make them in a 1/8 finesse version. Get you some.

Question. Is the the Don Iovino Nujig listed in TW the same as Bo's Nutech Nujig????? confused
I'm still a little uncertain how the Don Iovino deal shakes out. I do know it's the same jighead. Best I can tell is the skirts on the Don Iovino version are Don's personally designed skirts and are hand tied and also have living rubber in them.
Old 03-27-13, 02:26 AM   #30
joedog

I assumed most were aware but for those who aren't aware, BO or merc1997 is the inventor and creator of the alphas, nujigs etc.

So my hunch is he knows the standing of the Don Iovino deal.
All I know or rather think I know is that I believe the Iovine deal actually came before the NuJig label and the agreement between Bo and Don kind of deteriorated. Thought Bo answered similar question back awhile ago but I'll let him explain.
Old 03-27-13, 01:09 PM   #31
merc1997
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:

the don iovino jig is the NuTech NuJig. Don is buying the heads from me, and putting his custom hand tied fine round rubber skirts on them. they are fantastic looking in the water. That fine round rubber just floats everywhere. to answer joedog, perfect strike tackle(alpha jig), their contract has been terminated. the original solid arm technology is far superior to the bristle bundles in the alpha jig.

we are not in tackle warehouse because don iovino gave them an exclusive on his custom hand tied NuJig. We do not want to compete against don at this time.

bo

Last edited by merc1997; 03-27-13 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added some
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 02:30 PM   #32
joedog

But is Chane still with you or was he part of the Perfect Strike deal ?
Old 03-27-13, 04:28 PM   #33
merc1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
But is Chane still with you or was he part of the Perfect Strike deal ?
Chane is working with me. if you need to contact Chane for anything, it is 417-540-7978.

bo
Old 03-27-13, 04:31 PM   #34
merc1997

Quote:
it actually hooks better and more accurately than a bare hook does.

bo
Old 03-27-13, 06:46 PM   #35
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc1997 View Post

bo
I'm going to have to pick up some to try. But what am I going to do with all my old jigs? haha Take trade ins?
Old 03-27-13, 07:23 PM   #36
merc1997

Quote:

i am hoping for no clones. that is why there are trademarks.

bo
Old 03-28-13, 03:16 PM   #37
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc1997 View Post

bo
You carry anything over 1/2 oz??? Sent you a PM.
Old 04-01-13, 07:51 PM   #38
Rebbasser

Since I can't list the ones I make I have a couple I like. One is the old Strike King Bootlegger Jig and the other Pig-n-jig turned me on to: An All-Terrain Tackle Grass Jig. The bootlegger was the first jig I ever caught bass consistently on and the Grass Jig has a bullet shaped head with a recessed line tie that doesn't hang up in the grass.
Old 11-03-13, 06:59 AM   #39
pig n jig

It's no secret that I like the All terrain grass master jig. It is difficult to beat for the money and it penetrates thick mats and comes back through without trouble.I use preach about it constantly to anyone who would listen.I see Reb listened.

In saying that I bought a couple of new jigs a couple of years ago and it is saying something when I still have this one tied on as a primary go to jig.Maybe you've seen it before ?
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 08:58 AM   #40
joedog

Think I saw it tied on a couple of my rods.

The new Pro Series has black hooks.
Old 11-03-13, 09:41 AM   #41
lilmule

I use football jigs,and a variation of peanut butter and jelly,green pumpkin and watermelon seed with jelly,owner hooks if all possible.1/2 oz of course for ledges.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 09:59 AM   #42
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Think I saw it tied on a couple of my rods.

The new Pro Series has black hooks.
Color of hook doesn't matter to me as cleaning the jig up after done fishing because of all the salt that is in the trailers and smelly jelly that I gob on it.I haven't bought any new tackle since those jigs and then it was a year or so before I bought anything before that.I'm about to break down and order through tackle warehouse though.I am thankful my wife did not want to ride to Bass pro shop today. I am more restrained while ordering online.
Old 11-03-13, 10:04 AM   #43
OkobojiEagle

Hairy Bug

oe
OkobojiEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 05:49 PM   #44
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
I like Woo's Stinger Jig (which is no longer made) but Dave's Tournament has one that is similar except he doesn't do them in black. Pic doesn't have the EWG hook that the
Stinger had.

I also really like Kaotik's Gorilla Jig which is a football jig. The Pumpkin/green flake is a sweet looking jig. Haven't used it yet but looking forward to.
I've been looking for a woo stinger replacement jig. Look at the Molex Kento jig.If it had a light wire wide gap hook, it would be a clone of the Woo stinger jig.
Old 11-06-13, 07:22 PM   #45
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
I've been looking for a woo stinger replacement jig. Look at the Molex Kento jig.If it had a light wire wide gap hook, it would be a clone of the Woo stinger jig.

L to R ,Woo stinger jig, Molix Kento jig. I will be ordering more kento jigs.

Old 11-08-13, 03:43 AM   #46
merc1997

Quote:

we just got our 3/16 in. they are not up on the website yet, but i bet we can get you some with a phone call. also, will have a 1/2 oz. Blitz football head here in a couple of weeks.

bo
Old 11-08-13, 03:45 AM   #47
merc1997

Quote:
It's no secret that I like the All terrain grass master jig. It is difficult to beat for the money and it penetrates thick mats and comes back through without trouble.I use preach about it constantly to anyone who would listen.I see Reb listened.

In saying that I bought a couple of new jigs a couple of years ago and it is saying something when I still have this one tied on as a primary go to jig.Maybe you've seen it before ?
yep, that is an original NuJig.

bo
Old 11-08-13, 02:29 PM   #48
3dkicker

[QUOTE=pig n jig;411878]L to R ,Woo stinger jig, Molix Kento jig. I will be ordering more kento jigs.

Dave's Tournament makes one that matches Woo's. Picked up a couple last winter. He didn't have any with black heads the year before but he had brown. So I just used a marker and changed the color. I'll post a pic of one with a Woo's next to it.
Old 11-08-13, 02:47 PM   #49
Rebbasser

Keith, you know I make most of my own jigs, but for commercially available jigs I like the All-Terrain tackle grass jig (thanks to PnJ for turning me on to it), the old Strike King Bootlegger jig, and the Strike Works Finesse jig.
Old 11-08-13, 06:17 PM   #50
pig n jig

[QUOTE=3dkicker;411911]
Quote:
L to R ,Woo stinger jig, Molix Kento jig. I will be ordering more kento jigs.

Dave's Tournament makes one that matches Woo's. Picked up a couple last winter. He didn't have any with black heads the year before but he had brown. So I just used a marker and changed the color. I'll post a pic of one with a Woo's next to it.
I've got a ton of jigs. What I lack is a light wire wide gap hooked jig to fish sparse cover bare banks on fluorocarbon line. I have the Picasso jig in light wire wide gap but the head doesn't lift and glide easily, it's a integrated eye bullet type heavy weed cover jig.I use to use a Nish jig but haven't seen them in years.I think it was a New England thing as I never seen them sold else where.This Kento jig has a smallish side hook, maybe a 3/0 size,better for when smallies are hugging the banks but should be enough to hook everything, time will tell.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.