Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-07-05, 01:35 AM   #51
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: hey look at this

i dont see how, if you say that its not needed, then you dont think it helps. if it helped, you would use it...i dont see why not? and i said, you say it doesnt help....so i will now say that you dont think it is needed, i do....same thing, but there it is right there. now, this is all getting crazy..........so this was a opinionated conversation, and i will look past all of this :P
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 02:55 AM   #52
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

ok, I'll clarify. Â*I wouldn't bother using it on a soft bait, there is salt already in there, and I know bass hold strong to salt, I would not rather mix a salt and an oil/scent, I feel the slow presentation of plastics is what causes the bass to bite. Â*For a fast moving lure like a crankbait, a type of lure that he is honing in on from a distance, then like to add scent because as he hones in on it, the closer he gets, he'll smell that lure while on the chase and anticipate his meal even more just before biting it. Â*Often times I'll notice on a dry crankbait more wake coming right up to the lure and swimming away. Â*On a freshly sprayed lure I see that wake attack more viscously. Â*We'll keep it civil from here on out.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 11:56 PM   #53
madmarty
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to madmarty

I think both of you could argue with a brick wall.
madmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 12:01 AM   #54
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

nah, im just in a fishin drought...
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 01:59 AM   #55
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

[quote author=lockjaw link=board=news;num=1118023691;start=50#52 date=06/07/05 at 22:56:23]I think both of you could argue with a brick wall.[/quote]

I'll agree with that............but to a point, only if it is an actual RED CLAY BRICK, I ain't arguing with no cinder block wall.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 02:38 AM   #56

Just from and old fishing trip when i was a kid, my father and i sat in a crappie house for hours with outta bite, and there were to old ladies sitting accross from us that were catching one after another. so my father told me to go and get a squirt of that glittery green kind and i ran back over and dropped my line in the water and it wasnt 2 seconds and i already had a fish. for the rest of the night it was about that way untill the old ladies left and took ther "working" scent away. I do believe it makes a diference in slow presentation with live bait and i agree with the cover scent theory

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.