Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-10-13, 12:03 PM   #26
IUbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass'n'cast View Post
From the Indianapolis area, I've really enjoy the urban bite down here but don't get out nearly as often as I would like. But fishing everyday might get to be a bit much... Actually no. No it wouldn't.
I've never really fished around the Indy area. I've been down here in Bloomington for 4 years so Monroe and Lemon are my go-to's, frankly both suck right now, but theyll turn eventually.
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 12:05 PM   #27
IUbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
That Boing lure looks like something I'd like to try. I love fishing with a Rattlin Spook. That Boing just might be a nice addition.
They really are something else. Havent thrown it really at all. The only time I've thrown it is to see how easy they walk and sound. This weather needs to warm up, but lookin at this weekend I think it might be a little while. Have any fish up there began to spawn yet? Fish here are so damn confused, I have seen some on beds, but some on pre and post spawn its the weirdest thing.
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 12:26 PM   #28
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Just got a text pic from my friend up at "our" lake. Bays are open, but still has ice out on the bigger areas of the lake. Walleye/pike opener is tomorrow. Headed up there ourselves after work today.
Dean no matter whats on the 'task sheet' get your line WET......PLEASE.
As was mentioned, the fish are so confused this year and with all the cold 'I'm told' the Wallys and Pike are more aggressive even during spawn which is happening late this year up north where you are at.

So I repeat....you and your beautiful wife promise to do at least a little fishing.
If ALL the CHORES don't get done, I promise that they will be there next trip!
Old 05-10-13, 01:14 PM   #29
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Dean no matter whats on the 'task sheet' get your line WET......PLEASE.
As was mentioned, the fish are so confused this year and with all the cold 'I'm told' the Wallys and Pike are more aggressive even during spawn which is happening late this year up north where you are at.

So I repeat....you and your beautiful wife promise to do at least a little fishing.
If ALL the CHORES don't get done, I promise that they will be there next trip!
Assuming we can at least push our dock into open water, you can rest assured I will at least do some amount of casting for some toothy critters, even though the temps will only be mid-40s at best tomorrow with winds at 20+ mph.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 08:12 PM   #30
lilmule

Guess you could toss up on shelf ice and bring it to the edge and drop it off,never tried it with a frog but works with ratletraps.

My latest addition to my arsenal a signature series capt kens frog,this is #57,one gets to name them and they are numbered and signed,some collect them,this will be used.
It is a tomato frog native to New Gunea.Thus his name #57.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 09:30 PM   #31
SaminVa

Looks sorta like a dalhberg River to sea frog.
Old 05-11-13, 06:51 AM   #32
lilmule

I have a few bully wa,dahlburgs,sumos etc nothing like each other at all,these come apart legs replaceable,even different shape legs,front hook single with rear possible,compared to split on each side double hook.The hookset one does have to get used to and learn and one can add rear hook or hooks,the front one only will hook fish,will also miss some.
The clone series costs about what say a spro does about ten bucks,with a change in legs called skitter legs it can dive like the diver you mentioned ,pop spit,or run like a horny toad my favorite.When it does dive with the right tail it does so as a keel action not a front lip.

If you come out this way visiting one day Sam ill be glad to let you fish them and find out the difference,many put them down due to not knowing how to hookset it is something one must learn.Owner recommends braid at least 20-30 pd then a mono leader,not trusting my binimi knots I use straight braid 40 and up.
My first time out had three or fours hits missed them all as all behind the bait and straight at it also didnt wait,finally one struck almost at rod tip and it being shallow water it turned instant hookup-duh lights came on.Double stinger hook eliminates any or all the above but by itself the single front hook will work if the required hookset is used.
Capt Ken fishes out of a kayak mostly and with a stout spinning outfit,and with braid to mono,in Fla .
It is sitting in a sort of plastic box that is for shipping purposes,some wont fish them either just collect and put in a showcase as he does realistic natural patterns like bull frog ,southern leopard,etc,oddly this while not natural here it is in New Guniea and realistic,poisonous to the touch.

Last edited by lilmule; 05-11-13 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-11-13, 06:53 AM   #33
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
I'd like to see a high def 3-d image of that frog. Website?

where's the hooK?
Old 05-11-13, 07:02 AM   #34
lilmule

Hook is there look at front lips thru an eyelet,wire frame runs thru the body eyelet each end.
http://bass-frog.com/Clones.htm

Guess it is the only frog one can put together with different effects.
The clear plastic is for shipping purposes,it comes off legs when pulled forward spring back as an after effect much like a real frog swimming.
A clone series which is machine made would come in a cardboard sheet with bubble wrap like any other lure,this is a signature series.
Warning do not place one with other plastic or rubber,will melt together legs anyway will,but cheap to replace.

Last edited by lilmule; 05-11-13 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-18-13, 09:43 AM   #35
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUbass View Post
They really are something else. Havent thrown it really at all. The only time I've thrown it is to see how easy they walk and sound. This weather needs to warm up, but lookin at this weekend I think it might be a little while. Have any fish up there began to spawn yet? Fish here are so damn confused, I have seen some on beds, but some on pre and post spawn its the weirdest thing.
Sorry buddy, I am late seeing this. So far, small males are roaming the shallows but I havn't seen any beds yet. It's been perhaps the worst spring fishing I've seen around here.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.