Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 07-25-13, 03:43 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Wally World Tackle

Ok, I recently heard that the Wally World Abu Vendettas that they are blowing out at like $40 bucks is actually the Generation 1 version that had rod breakage challenges, not the new Gen. 2 that has IntraCarbon Technology to help with all the breakage problems and returns on the 3 yr. warranty.
Now I know Wally has Dingers for three bucks a pack compared to standard $4.99 but most don't realize that Wally's are 8 packs and not 12 packs which is standard. (still like ten cents a worm cheaper)

So you Abu anglers as well as Wally World tackle buyers.......is Wally trying to pull a fast one?

Is all or most of thier stuff seconds, discontinues or OLD style (generation)?

I know Pure Fishing has a Wally World specific Dept.
Only deals with Walmart Stores.
Is this the case with all/most of Wally's tackle. From ALL brands?

This is just a question and NOT a cut on Wally World!
But it may better explain thier pricing and if I buy a Rod from Wally I'd certainly check the model numbers before purchasing so I know what I truely am getting.
Like wise on a reel.

So anglers, what do you feel about this?
What thoughts do you have on Wally's quality?
Old 07-25-13, 08:19 PM   #2
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
So you Abu anglers as well as Wally World tackle buyers.......is Wally trying to pull a fast one?
I don't think they'd do something blatantly dishonest; they'd have too much to lose. I'm sure that they do sell some discontinued stuff, but as you mentioned, check model numbers and make sure you know what you're buying. I wouldn't have any problem with the quality of their brand name merchandise and don't have a clue about their own store brand.

Wal-Mart does indeed have some very attractive pricing on some stuff and a careful shopper can save some coin. Over the years I've bought a very limited amount of tackle there because of poor selection, but what I've bought has worked out well. One specific is a $40 Quantum rod I bought 20+ years ago and is still providing me great service.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.