Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-28-13, 06:06 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default FLW bans the A-rig

http://www.wired2fish.com/flw-announ...-restructures/
Old 08-28-13, 07:12 PM   #2
Possum
BassFishin.Com Member

Probably not a very popular rule change. But, if the FLW waits on the states to decide what they're gonna do, you know where will freeze over first.
Old 08-28-13, 07:22 PM   #3
Jrob78

Just about every pro i've heard asked about it says they don't like the A-Rig and don't think it should be used in top level tournaments. All the FLW guys use it because they have to. In some events, if you're not fishing the A-Rig, you're not going to finish in the money. It doesn't mean they like it though.
Old 08-28-13, 07:28 PM   #4
Possum
BassFishin.Com Member

Good point.
Old 08-28-13, 09:45 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've never been a fan of the A-Rig and am fine with the ban. What comes next after the A-Rig? I think it diminishes the skill level that should be needed to get to higher level competition bass fishing. Are down riggers and side planers next? No, I think a rod with a single lure should always be the way to go in competitive bass fishing.
Old 08-29-13, 12:07 AM   #6
bassboogieman

Hooooorayyyy for FLW, now if only the other trails and the nitwits at B.A.S.S. follow their lead...
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-13, 07:57 AM   #7
lilmule

It was largely flw fishermen who protested Tn regs of a 3 arm,several names you would recognise withdrawing from the Newjohnsonville T,after being told tn would enforce tn regs meaning 3 arm and no spinnerbaits with boo koos of blades.
Over time those regs have been relaxed ,yet early on prior to our laws being changed they flw went out of paris landing with 5 arm baits-meaning in violation of our law so many game warden was told not to arrest.
Flw boys not liking it ask again.
I dont fish much flw as a non boater has no say in water fished or how and they exist solely to pay for the boaters expenses or so many believe.
I fish the low cost ABA trail can be either boater or non boater both get 1/2 time on water nonboater should pay 1/2 the gas,70 entry fee no swelled heads a few may also fish other trails just have to remind them in aba its equal footing.
The a rig is a tool and like many tools gets abused and misused.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-13, 11:01 AM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Just about every pro i've heard asked about it says they don't like the A-Rig and don't think it should be used in top level tournaments. All the FLW guys use it because they have to. In some events, if you're not fishing the A-Rig, you're not going to finish in the money. It doesn't mean they like it though.
I agree 100%. And I never have liked the thing. In a tournament it does nothing but benefit guys who aren't on fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Hooooorayyyy for FLW, now if only the other trails and the nitwits at B.A.S.S. follow their lead...
The Elites never have allowed the Alabama rig.
Old 08-31-13, 10:00 AM   #9
bassinbob

It really doesn't matter to me if they use it or not. Along with all the other items they use, sonar, side and down scan, feeding simulators, oxygen meters, etc. I would like to see them go without any help for something completely different.
Now I think they should get rid of hole sitting. To me that's a bigger advantage then any of the above. During pre fishing if a pro finds a good spot what's to say another comes by later and finds the same spot? First to get there during the tournament has the hole not your buddy sitting there till you arrive.
Old 09-03-13, 11:45 PM   #10
Bassboss

Just trying to stay up with the caliber and standards of BASS to show the FWL guys are good to... that's my guess anyway! lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.