Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-03-13, 09:40 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Here's a story for you

1. Student felony charge for fishing tackle.

Here's the headline:
Felony weapons charge for student who brought fishing supplies to school

More:

> A Cobb County high school senior was charged with the felony of bringing weapons into a school zone after police found fishing knives in a tackle box in his car.

> Cody Chitwood, a 17-year-old student at Lassiter High School and avid fisherman, turned himself in and was released on $1,000 bond.

> Police were performing a random sweep, and drug-sniffing dogs detected black powder in Chitwood’s car. The powder was residue from a firecracker that had been in the car since Fourth of July, but it was enough to a warrant a full search that turned up the fishing-related weaponry. [Weaponry??]

> “It’s pretty ridiculous,” said Chitwood. “I have an attorney and I’m hoping to get the felony dropped so I can still get in the Air Force.”

> If the district attorney decides to prosecute, Chitwood could face two to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

WTHeck is going on in GA?? This photo taken at the scene, might 'splain sumpin:

Firecrackers and fishing tackle = a felony?

Sorry but growing up, during hunting season I guarantee 50% of the boys in my class would have been doing time.

We sometimes would skip morning classes, duck/squirl/pheasant hunt and go to afternoon classes direct from the field. Quick change of cloths or most of us had camo full body overalls. You know like old time janitors coveralls. Only they came in tan or brown and we'd have our girlfriends turn them into camo. Pretty neat actually.
Go to car, put days hunt into coolers, unloaded guns went in the trunks, slip off the suit and presto...ready for the nuns.
Old 10-04-13, 07:22 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sadly, it's getting to be pretty much the norm in our school systems today to go to extremes. You see stories like this all the time and it's all I can do to not flip out. Hopefully, if it comes before a jury or judge, common sense will win out. He sounds like a good kid to me.
Old 10-10-13, 05:43 PM   #3
jamesh99
BassFishin.Com Member

Schools are stupid. My school isn't that extreme but the school systems are terrible. I saw this one news report that a 1st grader got suspended for drawing a picture of a soldier with a gun.
jamesh99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.