Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-06, 06:25 PM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13

The wind and cold has wound its way over the last ten days, but the temperatures the last couple of days has been just plain frigid. Both mornings the last two days the temperatures have been right around the freezing mark, with this morning being on the underside of freezing. Ice and frost just don't belong in Florida. It's downright rude!
The trips we have had have been a mixed bag of ups and downs. You could find them here and there, but consistency wasn't on the top of any day's order. In addition to weather the Nitro has been acting up. Back on the 8th Scott had Bob Chesney, a local fellow, out on Garcia for a show and tell. On one of their last moves the hot foot throttle cable broke and they had to get towed in. Fortunately the day was 15 minutes from ending so it didn't affect the fishing time. On the 10th I had out Lance Williams of Lake Fork Tackle and his friend Bart Beretta. I took a run down to the spillway to show them the area and my shift cable decided this was the opportune time and place to break. Fortunately you can shift these big motors by hand so with Lance steering and me shifting we got her headed back to the ramp. Scott came out and finished out the day as I headed off to get her fixed. Thank goodness for the second boat!
Next up on the calendar was JW Tunstall and friends from North Carolina out with Scott, for another of their multiple trips to the Marsh. Mother nature would make things tough and although not like many of their previous trip they managed to do okay with the help of some shiners. I had out Fred Dowd and Doug Roden From South Jersey and we beat the lake with artificial baits. Although the bites were few we had a great day. The wind didn't beat us but the temperatures were quite cool.
Sunday the wind howled and I turned down a local that wanted to get out as it was blowing in the 30 range and I didn't think the fishing would be too good. Yesterday we had two trips scheduled and pushed both to later in the week. The forecast: low 30's and winds of 20 to 25.
Today Scott took Roger Best and Alvin Henderson who had rescheduled from yesterday. I think Roger will agree that the decision to wait until today was the right one.

Do you agree?

The weather man says that this last cold front was it for a while. By Saturday we are looking for temperatures to be in the 80's. Water temperatures that have dipped to 54 will quickly warm over the next couple of days and Florida fishing will resume.
See you out there. Say hi if you get the chance.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.