Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-08, 11:37 PM   #1
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Kent Lake

Made it out for about 4 hours this morning since I had to pick the kid up after his all night senior party at the school so I was already awake...I went out there to try to find some better areas since I always seem to do "O.K." but never win in our Tuesday night league. Last week we had 7.2 lbs. for the 3 fish limit and the winning weight was just over 9.
I started off fishing a break that I don't normally frequent and after over an hour I picked up a largemouth on a jig that would have gone about 2.5, not what I was looking for since we only fish for 4 hours in our league. I purposely avoided my normal spots where I seem to catch fish. Then I moved around to a couple more shallow areas and picked up one short and one keeper, but nothing big. I moved on to a lesser known community spot that my friend showed me so I am not sure if I will feel right fishing it when I am against him. I figured to try something new so I threw out my new Giron swimbait and a couple seconds after it hit the water BAM! Just over 19" SM that would have been a hog before the spawn:

I worked that area pretty hard from top to bottom, topwater (a few swipes, but no connections), the swimbait, and a T-Rigged worm. Picked up one more on the worm in a new color I made last week called Green Meanie, decent fish, maybe 2-2.5 lbs.
I spent the next hour and a half in the thick crap flipping holes with a jig. Normally there are stumps in the bottom of the holes since the water is about 4-5' deep. Nothing.
Finished my time off working some very little known brush piles in 12-13' and got one more keeper.
I tried different areas and different presentation than I normally
do with the same results.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 12:04 AM   #2
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bender, that doesn't sound too bad for the post spawn. Nice job. Down here we're dealing with some heat waves and tight lipped bass, as well. That Jackal stuff's pretty amazing, isn't it?

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.