Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-12, 09:01 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Talking Wow it was just neat to visit and see NO foriegn language!

Actually I have a good question and 'silly' question.
First since our new member Junkass joined I'm seeing a bunch of 'bump' posts so I need to be assured I understand what bump means.

-BringUpMyPost
-back to original question
-just to move up the forum line...nock silly posts back, like in our case

In sales post
-means price reduction request if coming from poster (buyer) and actual price reduction if coming from threader (seller)

Maybe I'm missing something and how do you know what the 'bump' poster intended, just quess or assume?
The sales post I think is probably easy to follow but others in other threads...maybe not so clear.

Next, if and when everyone leaves and goes to 'Bass Chat', how do I know if I'm invited?
"I'm way, way to emotional to handle a reject friend request, thats why I fear facebook. But to be rejected by a WHOLE forum...that may take therapy."

Can I get a moderator list so I know who to take off my 'ignore' list?
Is it an english only site?
Is 'gifting' to moderators frowned on?
Are smilies availible at Bass Chat?

Oh, moderators a heads up. I already registered a while back.
Unfortunately I'm not the chat room type. Only visited once but heck, with my great english and typing skills, by the time I got a question typed...everyones three questions ahead already.
Frankly I'm not sure what my password was.

I thank everyone for your help in this matter!
Old 08-08-12, 09:07 PM   #2
Jrob78

I've been bumping threads just to get the spam off the main page. It seems like junkass is hitting us at least once a day now. I haven't put too much thought into "bump", in most cases I just didn't have anything else to say

Joe, you are hereby, officially invited to join the Bass Chat Forum. I am a moderator there so I have the authority to dole out official invitations as I see fit
Old 08-08-12, 09:17 PM   #3
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I've been bumping threads just to get the spam off the main page. It seems like junkass is hitting us at least once a day now. I haven't put too much thought into "bump", in most cases I just didn't have anything else to say

Joe, you are hereby, officially invited to join the Bass Chat Forum. I am a moderator there so I have the authority to dole out official invitations as I see fit
Sorry Joe, missed placed your addrress....where do I send your gift, again?

Seriously Joe, thanks.
Old 08-08-12, 09:19 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I never really thought of a bump as an acronym, but that's the general gist of it. As far as on for sale threads, I really don't see it as having any extra meaning other than bringing a post back to the top of the list so more people can see it. We rarely need to bump a thread back to the top of the lists here for a couple of reasons. One, if the topic if good enough to keep conversation going it will on its own, or the thread will die (move on down the list to be forever forgotten ). Secondly, we aren't a huge forum that gets a ton of new posts per day. Some forums I've been a part, it takes 6-8 hours for your thread to be pushed to the second page and bumps are more common on big forums like these.

Right now, we're basically bumping legit threads to push the BS spam threads down and to make the homepage not look like a spam fuster-cluck. However, using the bump this way isn't going to solve our problem and we'll eventually end up sorting through individual threads searching for real contributions within the bump posts.

For right now, Bass Chat is kind of our last resort. Maybe a temporary respite from BF.com to see if Kevin will show up and rid the board of spam. However, if need be, it could serve as our permanent solution and I would hope everyone who contributes to the board on a regular basis would make the switch as every one is indeed "invited."

Mods vary depending on the forum section and are listed under each section on the homepage. If none are listed, I am the sole moderator for that section. And unlike Kevin, in the event that I decide to leave you all deserted there, I am easily contacted and numerous members have my email and phone number. So at least you can call be up and be like, "hey, assign some more mods so we can handle the forum without you!"

I can't guarantee it's all English cause Billy may want to start a couple more Russian posts.

Gifting to moderators is frowned upon, gifting to the admin (me) and supreme ruler of the forum (me) on the other... LOL

As for the chat room, the forum was started as just a chat room, but after a while it started to slowly expand to the forum it is now. Use either, both, or none of it as you see fit.

BB
Old 08-08-12, 10:50 PM   #5
Z521Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs down Way too much thinking for me

Joe what the heck are you doing wasting all the valuable time on trying to figure this crap out? Go fishing the heck with those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Actually I have a good question and 'silly' question.
First since our new member Junkass joined I'm seeing a bunch of 'bump' posts so I need to be assured I understand what bump means.

-BringUpMyPost
-back to original question
-just to move up the forum line...nock silly posts back, like in our case

In sales post
-means price reduction request if coming from poster (buyer) and actual price reduction if coming from threader (seller)

Maybe I'm missing something and how do you know what the 'bump' poster intended, just quess or assume?
The sales post I think is probably easy to follow but others in other threads...maybe not so clear.

Next, if and when everyone leaves and goes to 'Bass Chat', how do I know if I'm invited?
"I'm way, way to emotional to handle a reject friend request, thats why I fear facebook. But to be rejected by a WHOLE forum...that may take therapy."

Can I get a moderator list so I know who to take off my 'ignore' list?
Is it an english only site?
Is 'gifting' to moderators frowned on?
Are smilies availible at Bass Chat?

Oh, moderators a heads up. I already registered a while back.
Unfortunately I'm not the chat room type. Only visited once but heck, with my great english and typing skills, by the time I got a question typed...everyones three questions ahead already.
Frankly I'm not sure what my password was.

I thank everyone for your help in this matter!
Z521Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 01:47 AM   #6
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z521Bass View Post
Joe what the heck are you doing wasting all the valuable time on trying to figure this crap out? Go fishing the heck with those guys.
'Z' as most know here I truely fish...alot. I'm a two a dayer. Have been since about 30 and before that a 4 a week min. I grew up on the Mississippi River. Every dawn, I fish, then I work. Then I fish every dusk to dark.
Before I opened my own business I worked for some huge companies. I would base my promotion decisions of exceptance based on how well the fishing was.
I excepted a stint in Vegas for like six months convinced I could master Mead and prove not even a desert could keep me from fishing. Well Mead won and there was no 30 min jaunts to a fishing hole, more like hour and a half one way. Left first offer made to me and next was Hunington Beach.
Live alone, never married and raised my boy alone. Needless to say he learned to fish young.
I have been blessed with fishing opportunities my whole life, grew up on the Mississippi River, and I take them all.

Now these anglers patiently listened or rather read all my silly a** jokes and comics all hard water season, we have open and closed seasons here, and with very few complaints. Remember I'm a two a dayer...that means they got two a day (some of you missed that didn't you )
I do a 3 am blood check, so that means these poor folks started every visit to the site with a post from me, usually about something they didn't even know they wanted to look at.
I was here LONG before Junkass!
I've learned alot and share very little cause I don't have the skills most of these anglers have. These anglers, you included, help me with my daily weeding. My life is full of opportunities for self pity and take the easy route, mentality. This is not and never will be an option for Me. It's not what life throws at me...it's all about what I throw back. Staying away from negativity or better yet dealing with negativity is a MUST for me. These anglers have been more help than they know, frankly more than anyone knows but me. And yes, even with your short tenor around here you've helped and made me smile.
Now I don't and won't ever defend my actions because frankly they're mine. But I'm always happy to explain.
Now come winter my by line will read again;
"If you can't laugh at yourself.....Laugh at me!"

I like to give people a choice, Laugh with me or die with me...thier choice.
Lastly in my book, to much information, usually is not quite enough!
Never know when I may be on a game show.

I know you and another new poster kind of took a beating from some members during your first posts so I truely do understand your question.

Now logic would differ with me put there probably someone at this site who doesn't agree with my thoughts and/or actions. Just like I disagree with some of thier thoughts and actions.
I truely am glad you stuck around and hope you stay and share.
Diversity is a very good educater but also can be very painful. I know it's easy for me to say but I for one truely do like to 'walk in someone else's shoe's',.....then I can save MY money for the monkey!

Come on you knew we'd have to end this 'weed filled' rant with a smile!
'Z' have a great day, and the rest of you....I'm already thinking of another 'pole' so be forwarned.
Oh ya, you folks have a great day too.

Last edited by joedog; 08-09-12 at 01:52 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.