Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-08, 05:59 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Default Quick help!

How do I remove the reel handle/star drag off of a Pflueger Supreme? I need to clean the shaft they sit on.

I tried pushing the reel handle in and turning, and it loosened some, but I can't get it off.

Thanks,

Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 08:06 PM   #2
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Geez!
If you look carefully at the end of the shaft, you should see a tiny half-moon clip that forces onto the shaft, at least you will unless Flooger uses a totally different system to keep the handle from falling off if you lose the cap nut.
BEFORE YOU TOUCH THAT CLIP...place the reel on a towel, on a flat surface, under bright light. Now, force that little clip off the shaft and be ready for it to take flight. That's why the towel, so it won't ricochet off the hard surface and never be seen again in your lifetime. Place the clip in a little bowl so you won't lose it...those things love to travel.
Now the handle will slide off the shaft. Unscrew the star at this point and if the star binds before it reaches the end of the threads, grasp the end of the shaft where it's flattened on both sides...a pliers, padded with a rag, is a good tool for the purpose. BE CAREFUL TO NOT BURR THE THREADS!
When you are ready to reassemble simply reverse the process...star, handle, clip, cap. Now, when you are replacing the clip, line it up with the tiny groove in the shaft and force it on...LEVEL! I use the flat side of a slot screwdriver to push it on. If you screw up you may nevAr, evAr, see that clip again.

Good luck.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.