Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-08, 01:41 PM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default snapped a St.Croix :(

Arright guys, need a bitta help here. So we were heading down to wildwood yesterday, and my St.Croix Avid (1-peice) is going from the back of our trunk (we drive an Acura MDX) up towards the front, resting against the window. my mom decided she wanted some fresh air, and opens and closes the window in about 1 second flat. next thing i know my most treasured peice of fishing gear is useless. broken about a centimeter under the 2nd line guide. What would you guys do? id rather not risk repairing a high end rod myself, because i want it at its best. does anybody know if St.croix will do free repairs or give me another at a lower price?

sidenote- dad was nice enough to buy me a star rod for the summer, or however long it takes to replace my avid. anyone know much about these? never heard of them. Not Allstar, but Star Thanks
Old 07-05-08, 05:14 PM   #2
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

One piece is a touchy subject. Give them a call and see what they can do. On my two piece, I shipped them the rod and $50 and had it back in two weeks.

If you want, I have a 6'7'' MH Falcon Low Rider for sale. $75 and it's yours.

Sorry about your loss man. St. Croix's are great rods..
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-08, 05:27 PM   #3
3dkicker

Sounds like you need to find someone who can show you how to put on a new tip for your shorter rod. If it was Fast/Med then it ain't no more. I've got a Shimano that I did the same thing too. It hurts!!!

St. Croix does a great job of replacing defective rods but I don't think yours falls under the warrenty.
Old 07-05-08, 07:35 PM   #4
crankybait

AGH god... i really loved that rod...it was a medium. It was like the most amazing thing ever... I may as well place a call and see if they can give me any type of discount... hell id take 20 bucks off
Old 07-06-08, 10:11 AM   #5
3dkicker

That $20 they take off will be the shipping cost to you from the company. Got one of my rods, it was two weeks old, busted at a show by a friend who was testing the action by pulling on the PnJ that was tied on. It was the second or third time that day he was playing with it. He was interested in getting on. I was walking back to the booth and "Pop". He had two pieces in his hands. Broke right in the middle. It was covered by their warrenty and when they found out I was using it to sell tackle they cut him a break on the shipping charge to get me the new one.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.