Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-21-12, 10:08 AM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default A few tube questions

while reading joedog's thread i got to podering on tubes, and that is somthing i never tried before, So on with my spinning outfit what is the best way to T-rig em just for casting out, should i use a reagular bullet weight and let it slide or peg it. I have seen people put small bell sinkers on the shank of the hook and just let it slide up and down the hook while fishing it(like some do a skinny dipper), Jika rig is also an ideal. With the hook would a EWG work, have some gama super lines, owner pin hooks and some mustad EWGs with the extra bar at eye to keep em on. also i have rattles, are they a must? I went last night and got me a few colors of the bleeding tubes and some Yum tubes that were on sale. my walmart had the least amount of tubes than any store i had seen

anyway was watching youtube vids and wanted to try, jeez now youtube is costing me money and so is JD, lol jk, but between the 2 i became interested. lol
Old 03-21-12, 12:20 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There's some good info on another thread, about 7 lines down...
http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=31994
Old 03-21-12, 12:57 PM   #3
wallywallace

i saw that thread, and didn't want to HJ his thread, I wanted a more in deph on hooking, and which is best hook, though that is a great thread,
Old 03-22-12, 11:35 PM   #4
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You've got a couple questions so let's see if I can help.....
I peg my tubes when I t-rig them with normal bullet wt in heavy cover most of the time. Do you have to? No. But it works better.
Hook types. EWG work fine but length can be an issue with some tubes. They all aren't made the same. A 4" tube may have a 2" body or 1.5" body. 2/0 hook may work with first but not second. And all 2/0 hooks aren't same length.
On my thicker tubes I use EWG but with thinner tubes I can use an off set hook.
Adding weight inside tubes gives the bait a more erratic action vs t-rigged. You'll have to play with different types to see what you like best. I still have some of Shaw's from years ago.
Rattles are personal choice, some like them, some don't. I don't use them.
Hooks with wire/heavy line guards help to prevent hang ups. I like the mono/plastic guards over metal because you can easily change the length. I prefer longer vs shorter....which keeps it more flexible.
Old 03-23-12, 07:04 AM   #5
wallywallace

thanks 3d, will take 2 rods for tubes this morning, see if the lady toads are hungry

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.