Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-13-12, 01:14 AM   #1
BassAnglerMagazine
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Reader's Choice

Hey guys - here's your chance to tell us what you want to read about.

Do you like to read about techniques, baits, anglers, info from pros, info from locals, destinations, industry related news, human interest stories? Is there an angler you want to learn more about, a company you want to see behind the scenes, a location that you've been wanting to hear about?

You tell us - we're here to bring you the info that helps you catch more bass - you tell use, what you think will help you.

We can't wait to hear your suggestions!
Old 09-13-12, 10:39 AM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Heres an idea.
I really have to believe that there has to be a considerable amount of bass fishermen who shore fish.
Maybe the young new anglers.
Maybe the guy or girl that has five kids and they all bass fish, but they ALL EAT TOO!
Maybe an angler due to economics can't afford to take the boat out everytime.
Maybe due to age or disabilities boating alone maybe a poor choice.
Maybe the angler who has to rely on knowledge and 'shared' experiences to improve thier success not the electronics they can afford.
Maybe the angler who needs different ideas to improve thier success because they can't just drop the motor and move. Shore access has it's limitations. Hell all the folks with BOATS own it.

I would guess on any given day there are more bass anglers on the bank fishing than in a boat fishing.
So what the pros fish mostly in boats. My hunch is they also do/will/did/can fish from shore too.

So have a dedicated shore fishing section in EVERY issue. Not the two page once a year stuff most do.
Just like I adapt boat fishing techniques to shore fishing the same can be said here too.
Heck I think I was told boaters spend like 80% of thier time fishing the shore. So the two are fishing the SAME water just opposite view points.

So run this by the 'interested'.
Tell the sponsers that shore busters 'loose more lures' than boaters so the battle for space in this section should out produce all others sections.
Old 09-13-12, 04:16 PM   #3
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah, I like it. Title it: A Day on the Lake with BBT.

That was for yuks, man. I really don't think the BBT are ALL THAT BAD!

Really, I don't.
Really.
Well, as you aptly said (MANY TIMES) - MAYBE

Bye for now, I have to go cry over my boat hull, as I will be BKT (Boatless Kayak Trash) for the next couple of weeks.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 06:40 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Heres an idea.
I really have to believe that there has to be a considerable amount of bass fishermen who shore fish.
Maybe the young new anglers.
Maybe the guy or girl that has five kids and they all bass fish, but they ALL EAT TOO!
Maybe an angler due to economics can't afford to take the boat out everytime.
Maybe due to age or disabilities boating alone maybe a poor choice.
Maybe the angler who has to rely on knowledge and 'shared' experiences to improve thier success not the electronics they can afford.
Maybe the angler who needs different ideas to improve thier success because they can't just drop the motor and move. Shore access has it's limitations. Hell all the folks with BOATS own it.

I would guess on any given day there are more bass anglers on the bank fishing than in a boat fishing.
So what the pros fish mostly in boats. My hunch is they also do/will/did/can fish from shore too.

So have a dedicated shore fishing section in EVERY issue. Not the two page once a year stuff most do.
Just like I adapt boat fishing techniques to shore fishing the same can be said here too.
Heck I think I was told boaters spend like 80% of thier time fishing the shore. So the two are fishing the SAME water just opposite view points.

So run this by the 'interested'.
Tell the sponsers that shore busters 'loose more lures' than boaters so the battle for space in this section should out produce all others sections.
I have to say, Joe has a pretty good suggestion here. I can think of a dozen ideas for shore angler stories right off the bat.
I myself would like to see more articles about fishing naturally made lakes. You pick up any bass fishing magazine and 99% of the articles relate to man made reservoirs. The lakes I fish have been around a few thousand years I'm suspecting. They don't contain all the fancy structure points that reservoirs do. Nor do they deal with the drawdown, or current flow from the dam releasing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.