Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-09, 07:46 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default It's gonna be cold!

Well, I've been waitting all winter long and tommorrow I'm heading out for the first time this year. Boy it's been a long wait since last november. Problem is, it's COLD. Temps tonight are going to stay around 31 degrees. It might hit high 40's tomorrow, but I'll be launching around 6am. Brrrrr. Even though the lake has been ice free since March 10th, it's been more like winter than spring since then, with rain and snow sqalls blowing through every week. I'm sure the water temp is around mid 40's. I think I'll head out with my rods rigged with both a shallow and deep diving suspending Rapala X Rap worked slowwwwww. A jig n pig on another rod, and a chatterbait on the 4th rod. Rod number five will have a soft bodied swimbait. Waitting in the wings will be a spinnerbait, a wake bait, a Tru Tungstin 4 inch swim bait, and a medium diving crankbait. I'll probably give the Rattle Trap it's fair share of time as well. If none of those work, and I'm not freezing to death, I'll try working a soft plastic T rigged and worked slowly.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 07:48 PM   #2
bamabassman

good luck pal. looks like you got a plan.
Old 04-10-09, 09:25 PM   #3
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Keith if ya could, try to save some for the rest of us! Hope ya have fun out their.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 09:33 PM   #4
Bender

I went out walleye fishing on the Detroit River this morning and I'm headed back tomorrow. It was COLD!!! The wind was really strong and that made it feel much worse than it actually was.
We fished Hamilton Lake in northeast Indiana last weekend and all fish but one were on jigs just sitting there. The other one came on a trap. Water was 48-50.

Good luck!
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 11:36 PM   #5
keithdog

I hear ya Bender about that cold wind. I just saw the forecast for tomorrow and were looking at 20 MPH winds. Not terribly strong, but on water in 32 degree temps, it's gonna be brrrrr.
Old 04-11-09, 03:52 PM   #6
keithdog

Got out and had a great day. Landed 6 with the largest going around 7 pounds. It was cold and windy, with sunny skies, but the jig n pig and the chatterbait came through. And oh yeah, woody, I did leave a few there for ya.
Old 04-11-09, 04:07 PM   #7
woody

Thank-you bud!

Keith, you are the MAN!

CONGRATULATIONS on your sack of six!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.