Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-08, 12:02 AM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default a little fishing story for ya gang

ok, first off, it's firday and i was at work (hating it cause it was a GREAT DAY to call in sick and go fishing. anyway, i get a call from bob saying that he can't come next week (read his motor thread). was a little dissapionted for him and me. but hope bob gets things straightened out on his motor. i call the wife and tell her, she is sorry too bob. then she tells me to cheer up cause she has our boat readyand waiting for us when i get home. that helps me get finished through the day (which REALLY DRAGS NOW,LOL). i get home and hook up da cajun. we launch at 4o pm. got my little lady, yes the dog too, some cokes and rods are already fitted with spinners,rattle traps and rooster tails. we start fishing at the launch. second cast i catch a dink. knowing it is gonna be a great evening, partly cloudy, lite wind...FANTASTIC WEATHER! we fish the edge of the milfol lines. catch a couple more dinks. then lisa gets a HUGE hit. i watch and cheer her as she cranks it in. hey....a 15 3/4 incher! 2# plus. great! that one goes in da well. then she catches ANOTHER ONE. this one is over 16 inches, almost 3#! well again. both on a rattle trap, chrome with blue back, 1/2 ounce. meanwhile i am throwing a 1/2 oz spinner, white head with yellow and white skirt, and double colorado blades. all of a sudden WHAM!! he hits it like a rhino, dives in the grass like cannon shot. i wrestle him through the grass. and land him in da boat. almost 4#!! we start telling each other that this evening we are gonna catch that truly big un. we are all exicted right? that is when it happens. lisa throws her rattle trap in da grass line, gets it hung. starts pulling and pulling. finally she gives it a hard as nails jerk. the rattle trap gets free....airborne......DOING. SHE hooks it in her thigh, right above the knee......DEEP!! DANG!!!! i go over and look at it.....aaaaawwwwww #$%&!!!! so i grab my needle nose pliers and after about 20 mins. i get the hooks cut to where just the 1 hook is left in her thigh. i tell her i ain't gonna puch it through cause it is too deep. so we get everything loaded so i can go to the launch and take her to the hospital. see we start worrying about her transplant, and need a doctor to take it out so it doesn't set up and infection. which could cause trouble later on. after and hour of taking everything in ( yes i let the fish go). we get to the hospital, wait another 2 hours there. and now we are finally home. we are laughing now, cause...hey we fished, had fun and she is gonna be ok. we called U A B and they said it was alright. we did what we were supposed to do. but it wouldn't hurt her. well she is in some pain from the hook. but it was a great evening of fishing. i am going at first light tomorrow, hehehehe. feeling good about my chances too. and we have another story to lauch about in our golden years. oh...yea she out fished me again gang. her 2, me 1. but mine was bigger, hahahahaha.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.