Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-09, 08:43 PM   #1
Racemaster33
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Big day

Since I work for myself I can sometimes move my days off around. Seeing what the weather was going to be like today I decided to work a long day on Sunday and take today off to fish.
I went to a lake just south of me that is known to be a very tough bite. Lake Normandy. I didnt hit the water until about 10am. I threw a crank bait most all day (fished till 6pm).
I landed a 3lb Kentucky bass, which if you are from the deep south might not have seen many of these. This one was like a football, short, thick and STRONG! I thought I had caught another 'stump fish' with my crank bait. I honestly thought I was hung, the fish didn't move. I was about to flip my bail open to see if the crank bait would float back off the back side of the stump when I felt him pull. It was a blast on 8lb mono and light rod.
I did get a pic but on my phone. I managed to catch 11 Kentucky bass, 3 largemouth (one being 4 1/2lbs) a huge slab crappie and a catfish just over 5lbs. Yes, all off crank baits. I caught the catfish right after the big Kentucky. I was sure I had a record Kentucky until I felt him start rolling over. My heart sank because I knew it was a catfish. Good fight though. I kept the crappie for dinner and the catfish for my neighbor (he loves them).
Anyway, I talked to several other fisherman on the water today. Not many bass being caught but all the ones reported were big largemouth. I had 4 other people in boats say they caught largemouth over 4lbs, one showed me the fish in his live well that looked about 6lbs.
The water temp was 67* today. I threw what most would consider a spring pattern bait, a yellow/craw Bandit 200 series crank bait.

That was only my third time on that lake, there will be more! Not a bad day on the water.
Racemaster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 09:34 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good job man, welcome to the boards. Hope you keep catchin fish.
Old 10-21-09, 10:13 PM   #3
Racemaster33
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Oops

Sorry guys, looks like I posted this in the wrong place and the forum elf moved it.
Racemaster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-09, 01:51 PM   #4
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like a great day man! Them spots sure do fight good, glad you caught em. Welcome to the forums, dont let 'ol zook scare ya away haha
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.