Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-12, 01:17 AM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default The Wrecking Crew is on the board...

...not the forum board, but on catching a few fish. I got the opportunity to take my oldest and middle sons fishing Saturday. I got an invite to a water shed in the county and jumped on it with both feet when they said bring your boys and boat. I have taken them fishing a couple of times to the local state lakes but falling short of getting them hooked up on artificial.

I got them up at 430 Sat morning and we cut out. I stopped and let them pick up their favorite snack. We talked about what they wanted to use. The have a collection of Storm lures they have been buying at Walmart. I tried to get them to throw a Senko, but they kept insisting on using the Storms. After about 2 hours of hauling water and watching me catch a couple on a fluke and senko; Dylan, oldest, finally broke and asked if he could have 1. I saw some fish rolling on a point and eased up to it and told him to cast out. I caught a small one and was putting it in the livewell and Dylan said I think I have something. I saw the line zipping off and we got the fish boated. I was so proud of him. Then Tanner wanted to change. So while I was rigging him up, Dylan caught another. We got Tanner lined up and he boated 1 in the first couple of cast. Again, another proud moment for this poppa. I watched them through the day. Their casting and awareness improved 2 fold over the day. I was so glad to finally see them get the bug. We chased the school around a while and they had 3 a piece. There is no telling how many we lost through the morning though. But we will.work on that ratio over the next couple of years I hope. When I get my computer fired up, I will post some pics.

On top of watching them fish, I was flooded by memories of me and my Grandpa fishing this lake over 20 years ago. We were there weekly drowning crickets and he eventually moved me up to artificial. I also caught my first fish on a chrome/blk back Devils Horse in the same lake.

It was a good day to say the least!
Old 07-03-12, 06:50 AM   #2
Tavery5

Dude, awesome story, happy for you and your boys, something you will remember for a life time.
Old 07-03-12, 09:04 AM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

garey.....THAT is what i'm talking about my friend. teaching your sons the fine art of SPORTSMANSHIP and FISHING is the best way to stay conected with them. having fun and watching them catch fish i KNOW makes a father proud. and on a lake where YOU learned to fish with your grandfather....no words are needed buddy.

i can see you standing there BEAMING with pride. and your sons smiling and laughing and ya'll having the time of your life. THIS IS WHAT it's all aobut my friend.

again, i ENVY you folks who have children. never stop. enjoy the time oyu spend with them. and yes...take LOTS OF PICTURES. so when they get older and have sons themselves, they can share THEIR memories too.

can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 07-03-12, 09:10 AM   #4
MississippiBoy

Great stuff, Bubba. That's a good day, no doubt.
Old 07-03-12, 10:25 AM   #5
islandbass

Kudos to you for taking them fishing. No doubt they won't forget and down the line, they'll probably be taking you fishing. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 07-03-12, 01:02 PM   #6
WatterBoy

Completely awesome story, Bubba! Congrats to you and your boys. I couldn't help but break into a smile as I read your account of the outing...great stuff!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 04:35 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

Way to go Curado, keeping those boys involved in the outdoors will not only give you all some great memories but will also keep them out of trouble.
Old 07-03-12, 07:49 PM   #8
nobass

glad to hear you got to swell your chest with the boys. here is hoping you have many more days with them
Old 07-04-12, 10:27 AM   #9
keithdog

Thats was such a pleasure to read Garey! I cherrish the memories I have of my dad and I fishing together. No doubt your sons will too and especially when remembering that day.
Old 07-06-12, 12:09 AM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Here is Dylan, AKA Boogie

And Tanner, AKA Mean Gene

MG diving in the livewell. The kid caught 1 fish that was in the livewell last time we went. I am shoulder deep reaching in it. I was impressed in his Van Damme Blood Sport skills.

And here are a few pics from some trips we have been making in the new boat:

They couldn't make it up the ramp after getting up ay 4:30:
Old 07-06-12, 05:10 PM   #11
keithdog

More great photos!!! Love'em. And those are some beautiful bluegills you have in that pile!
Old 07-06-12, 07:14 PM   #12
bamabassman

this is jsut FANTASTIC GAREY!!! nothing ike taking out your boys out and having some fun fishing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.