Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-12, 04:14 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Saturday fishing report

After my best outing of the year at our cabin on Friday when I caught 19 fish, with my best 5 bass going 15lb 2oz, I had an even better morning on Saturday. Only 15 fish this time, but my top 5 bass weighed 16lb 12oz, led by the 4lb 1oz, 18" and 3lb 11oz, 17.5" LM pictured here:

The others that rounded out my total were 3-9, 2-12 and 2-11. All but the 2-12 came on a watermelon red zoom speed worm, and the 2-12 was one of 3 bass I caught on a 3" brown Koppers hollow body field mouse. We were only out for 2.5 hours and my buddy, Jeff, struggled to get numbers or size, so I felt fortunate to have my best trip of the year.

Kaye and I went out for two quick trips later in the day and she outfished me, 13-10. She really took it to me in the evening excursion with this Smallmouth, a new PB for her(!), that was 18.5" long and weighed 4lb 3oz.

Fifteen minutes later, still using her old reliable dropshot with a 5" wacky-rigged senko, she pulled in another nice Smallie. This one was 3lb 12oz, 18.0" and looked like it had been eating everything in sight!

It was truly another phenomenal day of fishing, and it was enhanced again by the spectacular colors around the lake...

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 04:29 PM   #2
Jrob78

I love this time of year! The beautiful scenery makes spending a day on the lake worth it, the great fishing is just a bonus! Those are some healthy looking bass!
Old 09-30-12, 04:40 PM   #3
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Congratulations of another wonderful day on the water. Hubby and I had a very tough day. Thanks for posting those wonderful pics of the fall scenery. Simply beautiful.
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 05:56 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Those are some really great photos Dean. From the looks of those bass, I'd say the fall feeding spree is in full swing up there.
Old 09-30-12, 10:38 PM   #5
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nice catchin'! I like your wife's style...I love to DS a wacky rigged 5" senko!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 11:06 PM   #6
joedog

WOW Dean you've become a Bass Fishing Machine!
Congratulations!
Great to hear Kaye's still out pacing you on the numbers and tell her what a great PB smallie!

I can't quite figure it out but even though frequently your pics have more than one bass yet Kayes are just prettier/better looking. Not the background, not the fish,......got it...it's that beautiful smile!

Tell Kaye thanks for the share and keep up the great fishing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.