Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-06, 07:24 PM   #1
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2007 strategy

Was wondering what all your planning on fishing new in the new year ?

Here's my 2007 strategy

1. Big swimbaits-I am going to learn to catch fish on the big 8" swim baits.I have the patience to learn it, my winter project is learning and collecting big Baits.

2. Big bodied shallow cranks -over weeds and shallow water.Its not something that is done here, but I had a bit of success with it until a Northern Pike stole my only big shallow crankbait.

3. 10" worms- pitched and flipped to change up.I feel the bass are getting conditioned to jigs and tube baits. I might go full circle back to pitching lizards again, the fish don't see that stuff much here.

P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 07:25 PM   #2
crankybait

wacky rigs. They've worked for me, I'm not changing till that stops
then jerkbaits, and spinnerbaits. Simple plan
I hear jerkbaits work well, i want to try that over this submerged tree I have lost contless wacky rigs to. Spinnerbaits I just think would work... for some odd reason.
Old 12-30-06, 07:51 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well my plan of attack is probly be badin till spawn the tuckertown then back to badin and froggies in the grass. and tuckertown till they shut off. then it is high rock till it freezes. kinda like this year..

if it aint broke don't fix it..

zooker
Old 12-30-06, 08:13 PM   #4
lizardsrule

1. Learn more about the waters in Florida
2. Learn better how to decifer the never ending cover, to locate the bass.
3. Fish as much as I can to accomplish the above strategies.

4. Win lot's of tourneys because I accomplished 1, 2, and 3.

Lizards
Old 12-30-06, 08:42 PM   #5
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

1. to try and keep a t-rig in the water for more than 5 minutes

2. jigs!
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 09:55 PM   #6
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

1. Get a freakin job to get a bass boat
2. Fish tournaments
3. Win
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 10:12 PM   #7
Jolly
BassFishin.Com Active Member

1. Get a new bass boat

2. Learn how to and fish big swimbaits

3. Catch a bass over 13 lbs on said swimbait

Jolly
Old 12-30-06, 10:22 PM   #8
JB

I am going to enjoy sight fishing early on, before spawn,
another goal is to flip and pitch more, something I know how to do well, but am going to slow down pace going down the bank and enjoy it..really puts you in the zone if its working after the morning bite.
Still going to try and prove that Xrap will outperform my rogues, I don't think they can, but won't give up on this bait.
Stock up on hornytoads for when the vegetation mat gets just right in june, the last 2 years I have gone through dozens of packs and then never replace them buy late summer, next year I am going to be prepared with more of my favorite plastics in the box as well as more stocked up here in the basement at home. One the worm front, I am going back to the zoom speed worm if I cant find a producto 4 or 5 inch paddle tail.
I figured out couple years that when the senko or tiki slow fall quits working , pull out a ribbon tail 6 or 7 inch worm (culprit) and it triggers hits, now this next year of 2007 I want to see if that same theory works adding the paddle tail worm that works so well in the past at shallow lakes like grand lake st. marys and indian lake, and mainly the ohio river at white oak creek.
Got more time to finese the paca craws I've acquired, I'll probably texas rig them and also use the 3/8 jig to see what they like, the last 3 years have been throwing the tube, and it works, but I am going to do more jig fishing, just to change it up a tad.
Probably get more versions of topwater crankbaits like the manns minus one, it sure beats the rapala shad rap i've used for centuries.
As far as the dropshot, I know how to use it and have in the past, it really didnt seem hard to pick up after years of vertical jig fishing and ice fishing,
I may use that dropshot everynow and then out of boredum, but have many other things in mind to try this year. As far as top water, last 5 years I've totally ignored the popR, and have gone to big zara spook, and buzz bait, I thin the appeal of the horny toad has kinda replaced the popR, but in reality I own about a 100 dif styles, and brands of popRs, its time to go back and get them wet again...
I got some swimbaits last year and havent tried them, have seen them catch a 8lb er out at lake lakengren right before my eyes several years ago, I know they work. My goal for 2007 is to dump the crappy lookin'
wallmart-sold swimbaits and get some that have been discusses here, most likely a crappy or bluegill or shad scheme.

anyone got any visine/ rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-06, 11:53 PM   #9
WTL

1. Learn a technique that consistently catches multiple 10 pound bass any time of the year, especially winter.

2. Research dynamite.

3. On a serious note, try and at least marginally figure out these winter bass. It would be good if I could locate the fish and know where they are throughout the next year.

4. Learn the crankbait on the side.

5. Continue to focus on powerfishing, refine spinnerbait and pitching tactics. Relearn the jig. Pick up the texas rig again.

6. Instead of targeting many different places, focus on smaller areas of water and learn them well.

7. Target lakes; Millers Ferry (Shell Creek), Holt (lower), Lake Tuscaloosa (Lower), Nicol Lake, Guntersville (Scottsboro), Wheeler (1st creek), Hatchineha, Kissimmee (North Cove).
Old 12-31-06, 12:12 AM   #10
flbassman

1. Learn to C-rig for winter and summer bass, then use to find and catch bass.
2. Use bedding season to determine area ponds worth fishing.
3. Learn how to catch largemouth bass in Julington creek on artificials.
4. I'd like to have a boat and a truck to pull it with by this time next year, depends on my employment status
5. Catch a 10 pound plus bass.
6. Try to crossover techniques from different styles of fishing.
7. Market my "Flying lizard" plastic. (Interested/ pourer- pm me)
Old 12-31-06, 12:33 AM   #11
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

1. Catch the state records Large mouth and small, (either me or my partner).

2. Pitch and flip my jig

3. Learn how to troll and negvigate around lakes/resevoirs easily

4. Theres LOTS more im forgettingn
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 01:42 PM   #12
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
I might go full circle back to pitching lizards again.....

P N J
Lizard??? What?? How could you pass this up???

I'm looking to improve throwing shallow running crankbaits in small feeder creeks.
I'd like to get back to catchng more fish on spinnerbaits....I haven't done well on them recently.
I need to learn how to find better fish in the months of April and May on the river.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 12-31-06 at 01:53 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 04:17 PM   #13
keithdog

I'm planning to give those small 1/8th oz. tri blade buzzbaits a try. Have some good feelings about those. Also going to be using the chatterbaits I have. Got my first one this late fall so didn't have a chance to use it this year, but I was impressed with it the one time I used it.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 04:40 PM   #14
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Learn how to catch a bass.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 04:41 PM   #15
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
Was wondering what all your planning on fishing new in the new year ?

Here's my 2007 strategy

1. Big swimbaits-I am going to learn to catch fish on the big 8" swim baits.I have the patience to learn it, my winter project is learning and collecting big Baits.

2. Big bodied shallow cranks -over weeds and shallow water.Its not something that is done here, but I had a bit of success with it until a Northern Pike stole my only big shallow crankbait.

3. 10" worms- pitched and flipped to change up.I feel the bass are getting conditioned to jigs and tube baits. I might go full circle back to pitching lizards again, the fish don't see that stuff much here.

P N J

I didn't know you were moving to florida.
Old 12-31-06, 07:41 PM   #16
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

3. least marginally figure out these winter bass.

4. Learn the crankbait
these two should go togather dr.love

Quote:

6. Instead of targeting many different places, focus on smaller areas of water and learn them well.

gee i think dr love has been listening..

Quote:
5. Continue to focus on powerfishing, refine spinnerbait and pitching tactics. Relearn the jig. Pick up the texas rig again.
do your self a favor buy a dvd from bps called"pitching to heavy hitters"

zooker
Old 12-31-06, 09:15 PM   #17
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Lizard??? What?? How could you pass this up???

I'm looking to improve throwing shallow running crankbaits in small feeder creeks.
I'd like to get back to catchng more fish on spinnerbaits....I haven't done well on them recently.
I need to learn how to find better fish in the months of April and May on the river.

I intentionally left that one alone rotflmao. I have fished them this year, and had success with them. However without a doubt my numbers are down from Indiana's numbers, but the size has increased Lizards still catch bass everywhere However I use a lot more baits nowadays than I used to. Before my response to everyone was "throw a Zoom 6" Black Lizard and you'll catch fish". I still believe that, but perhaps there are better times for other baits

Lizards
Old 01-01-07, 10:50 AM   #18
1FASTLASER

Now that I will be fishing water that is more suited to carolina rigging and drop or split shotting I DEFINATLEY wil spend more time refining these techniques and of course buffing up the old ones.
Old 01-01-07, 11:53 AM   #19
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post
I intentionally left that one alone rotflmao. ........ Before my response to everyone was "throw a Zoom 6" Black Lizard and you'll catch fish". I still believe that, but perhaps there are better times for other baits

Lizards

Someone please alert the FLA State Police and let them know that Lizard has been kidnapped and someone is trying to impersonate him online.

I've got black with blue swirl and green pumpkin with blue swirl 6" lizards ordered and coming in this month.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.