Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-12, 12:51 AM   #1
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Bass university over view.

Overview:
If you can go to Bass University i highly recommend it. The information is amazing and you can talk one on one with big pros. I personally talked to Mark Davis, Kevin Short, and had lunch with Scott Martin. They also give out nice gifts. I got a crank bait and a few packs of hooks and soft plastics they also gave out 3 st. croix mojos. If you go bring a notebook. I did and took 20+ pages in notes.

Secrets:
The thing that shocked me the most was the topic smallies. The sun actually pulls them to the shallows.
Wide gap jig hooks.-Kevin Short
Nearly anything pattern works if it worked in practice as long as you have enough confidence you can most likely get by.-Scott Martin
Switch colors of lures when you have a school of smallies to simply keep them biting.
Small mouth bass schools don't usually just leave throw a different color. Switch it up to simply keep them hitting don't use the same color forever.
Look for grass rolling over at the top of the water. it forms a canopy underneath wear bass are. If you get a lure in there you most likely will catch a bass.

Those are a few secrets i remember off hand if you want the explanation of a secret tell me which one and i got the explanation in my note book.

The Pros:
They are all great guys. They are real people. My parents had breakfast with one of the guys. Kevin short helped me on one of my home waters. They are all nice guys and i highly recommend go their if you can spring for $165 or so ticket there.
Old 02-20-12, 01:04 AM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thanks for the share!
Sounds great and you got to be full of confidence right now.
It's neat the folks got in the action too.
Keep the tips coming!
Old 02-20-12, 01:08 AM   #3
Scott the fishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Thanks for the share!
Sounds great and you got to be full of confidence right now.
It's neat the folks got in the action too.
Keep the tips coming!
I personally got 20+ pages in notes. I would love to go again. I am so ready to tear the bass out of the water this year.
Old 02-20-12, 03:37 PM   #4
basshunter21

Sounds like a good time!

That had to have made you so antsy to get out fishing. I already am cant imagine how id feel after going to that.

Looks like you learned a bunch!

What would be really cool would be to get a personal lesson from someone on a boat. You would learn so much.
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.