Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-12, 09:12 AM   #1
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Berkley PowerBaits Continues to prove itself…

…well, to me anyway. So I recently discovered night time bass fishing. I never knew this was so fun. So I was using a power worm both 7 and 10 inches. Unfortunately my first time I was using fairly light tackle. Like my crappie rig. I hooked a monster but I only had 4lb test on. I couldn’t see my line and somehow I let it take me all the way from the shallow shore back up under the pier I was on. It wrapped me up on the post so I had to break off. Another guy that was out there with me was absolutely hammering bass on just about every cast. He was not new to this night bass fishing thing so I engaged him in some small talk which inevitably led to bass fishing talk. He said he throws larger craws in dark colors. He was using Yum Might Bugs and Berkley Power Hawgs. The Hawgs were his main choice of meal for the bass. So the next day I went back to the same lake but during the day after work. I was throwing power worms and some Mighty Bugs that I had bought a while ago. The worms were getting bit but the bugs weren’t yielding any results. Low and behold I noticed a Power Hawg lying on the pier floor under a bench. It may have been left by the other guy from the night before but it was in good condition. Well, I picked it up and immediately tied it on. And sure enough the first two casts resulted in the two biggest bass of the day. Yes just that quick. That immediately changed my route home. I had to take a detour to the tackle shop to grab a couple of bags of Power Hawgs.

I invited my friend to go fishing with me last night at dusk. He thought it was fairly late to go bass fishing and I'm sure he figured we would only have about 30 minutes to fish due to darkness. I let him fish some worm he already had tied on until the sun had set and it was dark. I then gave him a Power Hawg. Immediate results. He was quite shocked as I was first time that the bass bite was quite good at night. So I can officially say the Berkley PowerBaits have hooked a couple of dudes on night fishing and made another believer in their product line.
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-12, 10:41 AM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i like the powerbaits. really good soft plastics.
Old 07-20-12, 01:07 PM   #3
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Unfortunately, I have not any luck with their "bass" stuff but their power bait dough and eggs for trout are awesome. I haven't given up on them though.
Old 07-31-12, 10:15 PM   #4
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I can remember going to the BPS in Atlanta fifteen maybe twenty years ago, and buying the 4" Powerworms in the 100 ct bag. Not anymore.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.