Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-12, 11:02 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Am I the only one...

guilty of this:

I had been waiting on TW to get the Aaron Martens shaky heads back in stock; I told myself, "once they're back in stock I'm going to order some!" So as soon as I seen they were back in stock I jumped on their site to order some.

Well that evolved into the shaky heads and a "cart" full of other stuff...LOL!

Who else does this?

At the beginning and end of it all, all I wanted was the shaky heads. Now I have more roboworms, flukes, Keitech easy shiners, swim heads and re-barb hooks coming too
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-12, 12:33 AM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hahahaha, happens to me every time! I always end up just spending the $50 to get free shipping. If I buy stuff on Ebay, I end up buying more than one thing to maximize my shipping costs. I think it's shipping that's to blame.

Btw, if you got the Roboworm re-barb hooks, you should like them. They are great hooks.
Old 10-19-12, 01:04 AM   #3
joedog

Free shipping at what ever the min. limit is always my Monkey's target.
Gets better, you'll never know how many $4-$8 lures I got that I've never even thrown because they were purchased JUST to hit the minimum.
Fact just two days ago a got a 'nippers' cause I needed $3.90 to hit minimum.
Nippers cost $3.90, In to my cart they went.
Old 10-19-12, 01:13 AM   #4
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Free shipping at what ever the min. limit is always my Monkey's target.
Gets better, you'll never know how many $4-$8 lures I got that I've never even thrown because they were purchased JUST to hit the minimum.
Fact just two days ago a got a 'nippers' cause I needed $3.90 to hit minimum.
Nippers cost $3.90, In to my cart they went.
Glad it's not just me. Shipping is to blame I tell you!
Old 10-19-12, 09:19 AM   #5
USMCbassman

It's good to know that I'm not the only who does this. I build a cart of stuff I need or want and then I thin it down until I'm to a price where I'm think, "Okay that'll work for now!" One bill is about my threshold, really about all I can stomach unless it's a new rod or reel.

I never even thought about the shipping thing..learn something new everyday!

Jrob- The re-barbs are the roboworm ones. I've heard nothing, but great thing about them. They only come in light wire and I've heard of guys straightening them on fish. That just may be fish stories though....
Old 10-19-12, 09:27 AM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

bama jsut shakes his head.........monkey fodder the marine is.........
Old 10-19-12, 10:57 AM   #7
kennethdaysale

Talking about shipping......me and the Fedex guy (Chase) have become good friends over the years, as a matter of we have become turkey hunting buds
Old 10-19-12, 10:59 AM   #8
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
It's good to know that I'm not the only who does this. I build a cart of stuff I need or want and then I thin it down until I'm to a price where I'm think, "Okay that'll work for now!" One bill is about my threshold, really about all I can stomach unless it's a new rod or reel.

I never even thought about the shipping thing..learn something new everyday!

Jrob- The re-barbs are the roboworm ones. I've heard nothing, but great thing about them. They only come in light wire and I've heard of guys straightening them on fish. That just may be fish stories though....
Just think how bad it would be if you had a 6 month off-season from fishing and there was a Cabela's within 3.5 miles of your house so you could have any Cabela's items you wanted sent there with free shipping.

At least I have never gone there to pick up an order and ended up buying more stuff in-store as long as I was there...
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-12, 01:53 PM   #9
USMCbassman

Watter- I would be living a nightmare then. That nightmare would be my wife beaten me about the head and shoulders!

Granted I wish I had a Cabela's relatively close...I've been eying their XPG Deluxe Angler Pack for some time now. I'm a huge review guy and this pack has raving reviews; however, after being in the military for so long you learn exactly how you want and need your gear to fit to be comfortable in the field. I'm afraid I'd order it and not like it. I might have to bite the bullet though especially a sale comes about.

I thought about finding an old spec op ruck sack and seeing if I could modify it to fit what I'm looking for.
Old 10-19-12, 03:32 PM   #10
WatterBoy

No nightmares here! My late father-in-law was an avid outdoorsman and so is my brother-in-law, so my wife loved to fish before I even met her. She never minds when I go to Cabela's, and I'm often buying fishing gear for her as well. And since her entire family likes to fish, our nephews often want to go to Cabela's, Gander, etc. whenever we see them, which is several times a year.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-12, 04:03 PM   #11
USMCbassman

My wife enjoys going fishing with me; her weapon of choice is her kindle. She'll sit there and read while I fish. She never says anything when I need to give my bait monkey a fix and I think that is mainly due to the fact she spends on books about (if not more) than what I spend on fishing gear in a month. She reads a book about every 2-3 days.

I grew up in a similar family...hunters and fishers, as did my wife she just never got into it. Living that close though, instead of going out with the boys after work I know I'd stop by there instead and you always can find something that you NEED in a store like that...LOL!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.