Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-06, 04:59 PM   #1
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default A man, a boy, a vw and a pro

I once heard of a boy fishing off a lake shore in New Jersey trying to catch catfish. He was by himself, and Tom was out on a bass boat cussing kayakers.. The boy had been sitting there for a couple of hours and was getting tired of fishing, so he started to reel his line in. It felt like it was hung on something on the bottom. Tom saw him having trouble and yelled to him that he would swim down and get it unhooked. ( just like Ole Tom, not a mean bone in his body when it comes to the younger generation) The boy was a bit nervous about that because he knew Tom had been tipping the jug , but he said all right. So Tom got undressed and jumped in. He went underwater and was down there awhile and the boy was getting scared, but suddenly Tom popped up gasping for air. He hollered to the boy that he had the biggest fish he'd ever seen on the other end of his line, but there was one problem. There was an old VW down there and the fish was in it. The boy asked Tom if he could pull the fish out. Tom said he had tried everything he could think of but every time he got close to the VW the fish would roll the window up…Tom met a little friend that day, took him under his wing, taught him the ways of the bass angler, and left an impression an the little man that would follow him throughout his bass pro circuit. Yes sir, Ike was taught by a man with authority. And he is a chip off the ole block. Thank you Tom for giving us a world class Pro..... Who knows, It could’ve happened.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-06, 07:33 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah, carpy, its all makin sense to me now..the anger, the yellin'

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-06, 07:53 PM   #3
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

JB, you nailed it. That's what I'm talken about.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 08:07 AM   #4
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

mike is like the son i never had,,,he's never around..seriously,we don't talk anymore since i kicked his a** for breaking my stern light once when he caught a 13"bass and started jumping around hollerin like a lunatic.
i taught him everything he knows,but not everything i know.
all kidding aside,i only saw him once at kerr i was fishing with the top 6 from my club and he was a federation fisherman at the time.he looked like a hippy,long hair.. beard...
Old 08-07-06, 09:29 AM   #5
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thats about the same scenerio here with me and Joe thomas, back when he fished top level federation tourney, long hair, beard, tv sure cleans em up huh..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.