Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-08, 10:44 PM   #1
BassHawg7
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Rick Clunn RCX10HB I need help!

I found a Rick Clunn baitcast reel at the bottom of a lake near the boat ramp. Its still in great looking condition, however due to all the boats coming in and out of the water it seem to have some dirt inside. I cant for the life of me figure out how to take the real handle off so that I can get inside and clean all the gears. I have the spool and the other side completely removed just can't get the important side off. Can anyone please help me with this problem. Thanks so much.
BassHawg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 10:59 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the forum!

On the handle there is an oval shaped piece on the outside. If it has a screw in it, just unscrew it and it will come off. there is a nut underneath it that holds the handle on. If there is no nut it should just pop off. On the nderside of the handle there is a small slot on each sjde of the spindle. take a small screwdriver and push in from the underside on the slots and it should pop off. then you can disassemble it.
Old 02-02-08, 05:28 AM   #3
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bass hawg.You have to tighten the drag syar down fairly snug until the drag star will push inward.When pushig the drag star inward, it allows you to unscrew the handle. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 05:34 AM   #4
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Also if it still grinds like its still got dirt in it after you've cleaned it up, most likely the spool shaft got bent .You might have to replace the spool and shaft.I hope this helps, enjoy your new found reel, they are a pretty good reel.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.